National Drive Electric Week
EV Ride & Drive
San Luis Obispo, CA
Oct 02, 2021
|Day:||Saturday, October 2, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||9:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT|
100 Madonna Rd.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
photo by: SLO Climate Coalition
The EV Ride & Drive event was held at Madonna Inn, sharing a parking lot with a Tesla Supercharger. Six EVs (on the left) were available for test drives and EV owners brought their cars and bikes to show (on the right)
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2022 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
Check out a wide variety of electric cars, bikes, and scooters, many of which will be available for a test drive or ride. EV owners will be on hand to answer your questions and talk about the joys of driving and riding electric. Snacks and drinks will be served. The first 75 test drivers will receive a free brunch (breakfast burrito or sandwich, cookie, and a drink)
Funding for this event provided by
Other events include 2 webinars and an EV Showcase:
- Webinar: Cars are Overrated: e-Bikes, Buses, and Box Trucks, Oh My! Saturday, Sept. 25 @ 11:00 am
- Organized by NDEW folks in Santa Monica, this first of a series will focus on e-bikes. "E-biking 101: A panel with leading spokespeople to help get you moving on two wheels! This expert panel will touch on everything from cycle logistics to city planning to transportation policy to equity issues."
- Webinar: EV 101 Tuesday, September 28 @ 7:00 pm
- Learn the basics about electric vehicles from CEC’s Director of Energy and Climate Programs, Michael Chiacos. If you’ve been thinking about making the switch to electric, make sure you join the discussion to find out about charging, range, and purchasing options.
- In Person: Electrify Your Life Showcase at the SLO Farmer's Market, Thursday, Sept. 30 @ 6:00 pm
- This event will not only showcase electric vehicles, but also provide ideas and information on programs to help folks reduce their carbon footprint. Local experts and EV owners will be available to answer questions and discuss the many advantages of a fully electric lifestyle.
There are currently 174 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||5|
|Hyundai KONA Electric||4|
|Tesla Model 3||4|
|Tesla Model Y||4|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||2|
|Tesla Model S||2|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Hyundai Sonata Plug-In||1|
|Kia Niro Electric||1|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
Registered attendees report 939,763 electric miles driven.
In the News…