National Drive Electric Week - Devon
|Day:||Saturday, September 19, 2015 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||12 PM - 5 PM|
Tesla Motors Sales & Service Center in Devon
470 Lancaster Avenue
Devon, PA 19333
Wonderful event at the Tesla Motors in Devon, PA. Over 200 attendees. The weather was perfect. Not only did we have all the major dealers there with plug-ins, but we also had electric-assisted bicycles, gourmet organic cupcakes, and Green Mean Products there displaying battery powered landscaping tools and commercial scale riding electric mowers!
We also had solar installers (both Sunpower and Solar City reps), geothermal HVAC, Green Mountain alternative (wind) energy supplier, and Orange Energy Auditors, Tesla Science, and EAA. Notable EVs included early Tesla Roadsters, a signature Model S's, a dealer BMW i8, and both dealer & owner Tesla Model S P90Ds giving "ludicrous mode" rides & drives.
State Senator McGarrigle drove a P90D & a Ford & headed up a power-packed lineup which you can see on our site with topics of clean power plan, power wall, climate change, and even the Pope's recent encyclical. https://vimeo.com/140142630
photo by: Michael Craner - Renew America Roadtrip
This is a picture of the University of Pennsylvania REV1 electric racer (REV1) that won the SAE International competition. REV1 took first place among electrics overall, winning seven of the eight categories even over schools such as MIT and Carnegie Mellon. REV1, with a 2.6 second 0-60 acceleration even beats the Tesla Model P90D Ludicrous mode. Next to the REV1 to the right is Michael Parent, an MBA student at U Penn. On the left is Chris Martin, who organized all audio for the event and is a micro grid and energy management consultant. In the background from left to right are unidentified individuals and the Energy Concious LLC Leaf, Dennis Rowan's Spark, and the Tesla Motors Mode S P90D.
This event is free to the public.
(But please REGISTER via the button above and click HERE to fill out the Survey and Waiver to save time upon entry, be entered in our drawing for a free charger and other give-aways, and get your goodie bag and wrist strap when you arrive)
- Porsche of Main Line to bring PHEV Cayenne, Panamera and possibly the amazing PHEV 918 Spyder supercar!
- Clipper Creek giving away one FREE Charging Station (HCS-40P - $450 value - must be registered & present to win)
- Test drive the all new Nissan Leaf, now with Plugless wireless charging option!
- BMW of Devon will have the all-electric i8 on display and i3 available for test drives.
- Tesla Motors of Devon will have the award-winning Model S on display. Presently it is anticipated that both dual-motor P85D and (with luck) P90D models will be at the event (Model X will not unfortunately be present) Tesla's P85D features the "Insane Mode" acceleration option, and the newer P90D provides a longer range and "Ludicrous Mode" acceleration (2.8 second zero to sixty!). Both models also include currently released components of the Autopilot feature set, which contributes to the Model S being referred to by some as "the safest sedan on the planet." (Thru Oct. 31, purchase the Model S for $1000 less!)
- GM will have both Volt and Spark models and info on their upcoming Bolt!
- A wide variety of other PH/EVs will be on display and attended by their owners
- Raffles include a 30-minute visit from the Dia Doce cupcake truck!
And learn the Science behind Tesla Motors amazing 3 phase AC motor straight from the inventor's mouth, so to speak, from the Tesla Science Foundation - The Tesla Science Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the life, legacy and scientific innovations of Nikola Tesla.
- 12:30: First Opportunity for VIP Meet & Greet / Q&A / Press / Interviews / Photos
- 12:45: Michael L. Craner (Renew America Roadtrip - Organizer) - Intro & Event Background
- 12:50: State Senator Tom McGarrigle (R 26th
District) – Welcome & Intro from the PA SenateImportance of RE and EVs to the region
- 01:00: Russel Zerbo - (Federal Advocacy Coordinator @ Clean Air Council) – “Obama’s Clean Power Plan & Wolf's PA budget, including the Fracking Severance Tax”
- 01:15: Dr. (Father) Daniel Doyle (Keystone 1st AmeriHealth Caritas) – “The Moral Imperative & The Pope’s Encyclical ‘Laudato Si’ - On Care for Our Common Home”
- BREAK - 1:35 - 2:30: Raffles, Second Opportunity for VIP Meet & Greet / Q&A / Press / Interviews / Photos; VIP lounge/lunch
- 02:30: Michael L. Craner (Renew Americal Roadtrip - Organizer) - Intro to 2nd Half
- 02:35: Michael Kleinberg, PhD (Senior Consultant @ DNV GL – Energy) - “The role of energy storage and EVs in a renewable electric grid”
- 02:55: Dr. Diane Phillips (Prof @ St. Joe’s Univ., & Climate Leader @ The Climate Reality Project) – “Update on International Progress on Climate Change Management”
- 03:15: Dennis Rowan (Rowan Energy Integration) – “Obama’s EV Everywhere & Workplace Charging Initiative”
- 03:30: Chris Gibbons (Sierra Club & Green Corps) - The Electric Bus Initiative
- 03:40: Michael Craner (Co-Founder, Renew America Roadtrip) – “Living with Renewable Energy & Transport”
- 03:50: Q&A with Speakers, Raffles, Gifts
- 04:05: Final Opportunity for VIP Meet & Greet / Q&A / Interviews / Photos
(Dia Doce tent open 12 - 2 with free mini-cupcakes available to the first 50 registered customers, ice coffee and water also available for purchase)
Stay tuned for more exciting updates about this event. Follow #NDEW2015 on social media.
It is part of a nationwide celebration to heighten awareness of today's widespread availability of plug-in vehicles and highlight the benefits of all-electric and plug-in hybrid-electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more.
The Philadelphia regional event will be held again this year at the Tesla Motors Sales and Service center in Devon, PA, this year on Saturday Sept. 19th from noon to 5 PM, and will feature all of the latest PH/EVs from local dealers and owners; and include presentations from political, community, and environmental VIPs.
Exhibitors will also provide educational literature on their organizations and their causes.
Michael Kleinberg, PhD, is a Senior Consultant for DNV GL - Energy specializing in energy storage integration and smart grid analysis. Michael is actively assisting California utilities in developing and assessing their 2014 energy storage procurements requests for offers (RFOs). Michael is leading technical due diligence efforts to support investment in both large-scale and distributed energy storage projects being deployed across the US. Michael received his M.S and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering from Drexel University in 2007 and 2015, respectively.
This event is free to the public.
Find out more about Rowan Energy Integration at: http://www.rowanenergyintegration.com/
Electric Auto Association - Promoting Electric Vehicles Since 1967
Win a Ride in the Tesla Roadster - Take the Green Challenge
Recommended Driving Route covered by volunteers and Dealers for Rides & Drives:
DISCLAIMER: The information / opinions / depictions conveyed / expressed on this site and within social / traditional media posts / print / radio / video related to this event reflect the opinions / understandings of the site author and the authors of the social media associated with the event. They do not reflect the opinions / positions of Tesla Motors or any other exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, organizers, volunteers, attendees, or other contributors to the event (except by coincidence); they also do not represent the views / positions of the organizations, businesses, or institutions to.which the author belongs. If there is any discrepancy between information included in posts / media by the author and that provided by the entities to which those posts /media refer, the information from the entities should be assumed to be more accurate.
There are currently 197 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||12|
|Tesla Model S||7|
|Chevy Spark EV||1|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
Registered attendees report 546,527 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Tesla in Devon Hosting Sunday Event For National Drive Electric Week
- Model S police vehicle?
- How Obama can supercharge EV adoption
- Julia Roberts as Mother Nature
- Would Jesus Drive an Electric Car?
- Right Wingers Furious that Consumer Reports declares Tesla Best Sedan Ever
- How Much is Your Safety Worth - Now Secure it for $1000 Less!
- Pope Francis states his position on Global Climate Change