National Drive Electric Week
Ventura • Sep 17, 2019
|Day:||Tuesday, September 17, 2019 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10 am to 2 pm|
County of Ventura Government Center
800 South Victoria Avenue
Parking Lot G
Ventura, CA 93009
The County of Ventura is partnering with Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance to host the Ventura Electric Vehicle (EV) Ride and Drive event on September 17th. The public is invited to test drive a variety of electric vehicles, learn from industry experts and enjoy food and giveaways. This free event is part of National Drive Electric Week’s EV outreach activities staged in more than 300 communities across the country to highlight the clean-air benefits, cost-savings, and fun provided by driving an electric vehicle.
Event highlights include:
- Test drive an EV from local car dealerships including: Nissan, Kia, Jaguar, Audi, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Tesla, and other automakers.
- Test ride e-bikes, e-scooters, and e-carts from Dogleg Electric Bikes, Coast Cart, Trek Bicycle-Ventura, and Ventura Bike Depot.
- Talk directly to EV owners about their experiences and check out their vehicles.
- Learn from industry experts including: EV Advocates of Ventura County, Ventura County Air Pollution Control District, Lion Electric School Bus, California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program, SCE’s Charge Ready Program, ChargePoint, Community Environmental Council, Port of Hueneme, Sacramento Electric Vehicle Association, EVmatch, and ampUp.
- Grab some food from PizzaMan Dan’s, the Grilled Cheese Truck, Crazy Greek, Taquizas La Bonita, and Mister Softee. Be one of the first 150 to take a test drive and receive a free personal pizza from PizzaMan Dan’s!
- Fun EV-related giveaways.
- 7:00 am Parking Lot Closed
- 9:45 am Board of Supervisors Resolution
- 10:00 am Event Begins and Board of Supervisors Test Drive
- 2:00 pm End of Event
- 3:30 pm Parking Lot Open
The Ventura Ride and Drive event is sponsored by Southern California Edison and presented by Plug in America, Sierra Club, and Electric Auto Association. The Nissan LEAF® is the exclusive national automotive sponsor. Presented locally by the County of Ventura, Ventura County Regional Energy Allaince, EV Advocates of Ventura County, and Community Environmental Council.
If you cannot make this event during the workday, there will be another National Drive Electric Week event at Channel Islands Harbor on Sunday, September 22nd from 9:30am to 3:00pm. For more information: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1592
There are currently 270 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||9|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||4|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||2|
|Audi A3 e-tron||1|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Hyundai KONA Electric||1|
|Hyundai Sonata Plug-In||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
Registered attendees report 764,714 electric miles driven.
In the News…