National Drive Electric Week Event - Huntington Beach
|Day:||Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10am - 4pm|
21500 Pacific Coast Hwy (across from Hyatt)
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Matthew Harper - Mayor Huntington Beach
Joe Shaw - Mayor Pro Tempore
Ed Kjaer - SCE Director Transportation Electrification
Jeff Clark - 2 time Pikes Peak Champ
Kitty Adams - Executive Director, Adopt a Charger
Scott Dupont - Filmmaker, "What is The Electric Car"
Linda Nicholes - co-founder and past president of Plug In America
BMWi NA gifted Mayor Harper a $7500 Level 3 Public Charger for the City of Huntington Beach
Mitsubishi Motors North America donated $200 to Plug In America
Every Plug In model for sale in California was represented including Nissan Leaf, Porsche Panamera, Tesla Model S, BMW i3 & i8, Chevrolet Volt & Spark, Ford Focus EV, Fusion Energi & C-Max Energi, Toyota Plug In Prius & RAV4 EV, Fiat 500e, Smart ED, Cadillac ELR, Mitsubishi I-MIEV, Mercedes Benz B-Class, 17 models in all. Unreleased models were also represented including Kia Soul EV, Volkswagen eGolf and BYD e6. Never before accomplished, the largest Plug In expo ever!
81% ICE attendance
photo by: Tim Temple
Mayor Matthew Harper, Tom Penich(BMWi NA)
September 20, 10am-4pm, Huntington Beach
You’ve Never Seen An Event Like This!
What Are Plug-in Vehicles?
They let you charge up and drive on electricity. They can be fully electric, or plug-in hybrids which let you use a traditional fuel as well. Electricity..
- gives you more power instantly,
- is cheaper, and
- can be made at your home, using solar
Why This Event?
You could drive all over town visiting auto dealers to see just a few models, but why? Plug In To Excitement!..
- is free for all to attend,
- has all the models in one place, and
- is run by drivers for drivers
- See all of the plug-in cars available on the market or coming soon (even some product debuts)
- Ride and drive in the cars you like best
- Learn what's new in residential solar, vehicle charging, car conversions, and more
- Check out electric race cars, boats, buses, trucks, bikes, skateboards, and conversions
- Win prizes and awards
- Enjoy a family-friendly event at a world-class beach
Day of Event Details
Enter the city beach via the Beach Blvd. entrance. Be cautious of pedestrians, and mixed beach and event traffic, and please drive slowly and safely.
Parking is $15 without an event parking pass. Event passes must be used before noon. Attendants will direct you to the proper lot.
Help us maintain a clean beach by disposing of all garbage properly.
I’m New to Plug-ins
“Is this for me?”
No problem. Bring your questions and concerns to our Knowledge Center, and get ready to learn. Common questions include..
- How far can a plug-in car go?
- Would I be better off with a full-electric or a plug-in hybrid?
- How much do these cars cost?
- What rebates are available?
- How do I charge it up?
- How much does it cost to charge up?
I Love Advanced Technology and Design
“Just show me the quickest and best cars available.”
Whether you’re a designer, builder, modder, or simply a fan of electric technology (which is revolutionizing transportation), there is something for you:
- See the latest consumer products from Porsche, BMW and Tesla Motors
- See supercars from McLaren and Kepler
- Hear about performance and technology directly from reps and drivers
I’m a Kid
“I don’t even have my driver’s license yet.”
Have fun with bounce houses, face painting, RC plane demonstrations, and a scavenger hunt.
I’m a Current Driver
“I’m driving electric, but could always use more info.”
You'll want to register ASAP. As a current driver..
- you can meet dozens of owners of your same model and make new friends or exchange EV stories and experiences
- this is a gorgeous venue, but only limited public charging is available. D25 at MyHondaFitEV has compiled a handy list of recommended locations. Please make sure your network accounts (eg. Chargepoint, Wattstation) are active and funded, as many stations now charge by the hour or kWh.
How Can I Help?
Print our flyer and post it around town, and share with your friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
All the Other Details..
Speakers and Special Guests
|9:45am||Early bird opening (gates open)|
|10:00am||Mayor Harper welcome|
|10:10am||BMW presentation of gift to the City of Huntington Beach|
Special thanks to organizer Misha Houser (LAEDC).
The products represented below will be exhibited professionally by corporate or company store teams. Many are presenting professional ride and drives or demos as well to provide the attendees with the most interactive experience possible.
|4:00am to 10:00am||Setup; Vehicle load in|
|4:00pm to 7:00pm||Teardown|
We’d like to thank our partners for helping make this event possible.
Please contact the event organizers.
There are currently 1153 attendees registered.
Expected Plug-In Vehicles
|Tesla Model S||26|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||14|
|Chevy Spark EV||11|
|Honda Fit EV||11|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||11|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||9|
|Ford Focus Electric||8|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||8|
|BMW i3 REx||6|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (1997-2003)||4|
|Ford Fusion Energi||3|
|Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
Registered attendees report 3,431,030 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Kabc Electric Cars 09/20/2014
- KABC7 News Electric Vehicles Huntington Beach
- Electric cars get moment to shine in Huntington
- DriveElectricWeek DVmaster
- National Drive Electric Week Halo Halo with Kat Iniba
- LA18 News Part 2
- LA18 News part 1
- Dozens of Electric Cars You Can Drive Zap Into Surf City for Saturday's EV Fest
- Huntington Beach, CA National Drive Electric Week (podcast interview with City Captain Darren Schurig)
- Quiet cars arrive for National Drive Electric Week in Huntington
- Nissan celebrates with more than 60,000 U.S. LEAF owners during "National Drive Electric Week"
- National Drive Electric Week Gets Customers Charged Up
- National Drive Electric Week, 4 football fields worth, Plug In To Excitement!
- National Drive Electric Week: A Coast-to-Coast View
- National Drive Electric Week (and Huntington Beach Crazy)
- National Drive Electric Week – Sneak Peek At Huntington Beach “The Tipping Point” Event