National Drive Electric Week
Bellevue • Sep 11, 2017
|Day:||Monday, September 11, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
10201 NE 4th St
Bellevue, WA 98004
This was the first year in which the City of Bellevue participated as a local National Drive Electric Week event partner. The City made its recently completed Downtown Park available for the celebration. The fabulous weather and beautiful park setting provided the perfect opportunity for PEV drivers and the general public to:
* view an unusually wide variety of EVs including several not usually for sale in Washington, a non-ZEV mandate state;
* candidly talk with the numerous northwest EV drivers present;
* view Fiat 500e autographed by Clint Eastwood;
* learn insider EV buyer tips from Ray Ishak, 2X Nissan's #1 EV salesperson in the world;
* meet Dave Cloud, the NW's legendary EV conversion builder and designer/builder of the electrathon which holds the current world land speed record;
* step aboard Metro Transit's e-Bus, one of several which has been in regular service on local Bellevue routes for more than a year;
* learn about BMW of Bellevue's exquisite BMW i-8 on display.
photo by: Tom Saxton
Attendees listening to Bellevue Mayor John Stokes talk about the City's support for plug-in electric vehicles.
Come celebrate the benefits of plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) with the people who drive them every day. Learn the latest information about PEVs from those who know about the exciting advances which are happening in 2017. The City of Bellevue has made its just completed Downtown Park available for the gathering. There is plenty of room for people to bring their EVs for display in this fabulous, family friendly location in the heart of downtown Bellevue. Don’t miss this event!
Registration is FREE to display your PEV in the park. Volunteer (select Washington - Bellevue) to help organize the evening’s activities or just sign-up as someone planning to attend the event so you can receive updates on activities scheduled for the event.
Seattle Metro Area’s Eastside has one of the highest rates of PEV registrations in the nation. At this FREE event:
- talk with real drivers who can give you the low down on more than 1/2 million miles and many years of PEV experiences
- experience PEV test rides
- get an insider's PEV consumer buying advice from Nissan's #1 EV sales person in the world!
- take a demo ride and learn about Metro Transit's all-electric buses which have been in regular service on local Bellevue routes for more than a year
- learn about the City of Bellevue’s commitment to accelerating the adoption of zero emission vehicles
- see air pollution in a whole new way
You will really enjoy the smile (the EV grin) you can’t help but wear when driving a PEV.
There are currently 94 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||8|
|Tesla Model S||4|
|Kia Soul EV||2|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (1997-2003)||1|
Registered attendees report 856,261 electric miles driven.