National Drive Electric Week
Sep 16, 2017
|Day:||Saturday, September 16, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||10 AM - 2 PM|
6450 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
You could not have asked for a more perfect day. The weather was great, and it started to get really hot after the event was over. We had a fantastic variety of cars, some that I had never seen before on the East Coast, like the Fiat 500E, and the Smart Electric Drive fortwo. The location was optimal. Thanks to Bakery Square and Walnut Capital for hosting, and Duquesne Light for supporting National Drive Electric Week ! Thanks also to Nissan for the giveaways!! Encouraged by the number of cars that showed up for an EV motorcade - 16 cars! Need a police escort the next time to breeze though traffic. Tried to get the Mayor of Pittsburgh to attend ,but he was on a canoe trip. Disappointed in the lack of media coverage for this event, so next year, we'll have to be more aggressive in reaching out to the TV, radio, and print media. Overall, a very good day. A lot of owners got to talk to the public and each other about their cars, and made new friends in the process!
photo by: Michael Kirven
Left to right, white, 2 silver Teslas, BMW 330e, Ford Focus Electric, White Tesla, BMW i3 REX, Cadillac ELR
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2022 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
Come on over to check out the Electric Vehicle Display by Owners, and local EV Retailers. This is a FREE informational and educational event, not a sales event. Test drive, or take a ride in an Electric Car. Get information about Electric Cars, and how to charge em' up. If you want to learn about Electric Cars, and reduce your carbon emissions by not burning gas, this event is for you! Learn how driving an EV is more fun, easy to charge, with less maintenance than an internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle!
This year's event will be held at Bakery Square, Saturday, September 16th between 10AM - 2PM! If you have an electric car, there are 12 ChargePoint charging stations in the garage. It's free to charge and park (for 3 hours) but you will need a ChargePoint card or the ChargePoint mobile app to active your charging session.
In anticipation for National Drive Electric Week - ChargePoint is offering $10 in charging credit when you sign up for a free ChargePoint account!
Sign up here:
are staging cars on the lawn at Living Place, Bakery Living across the
street from Bakery Square at Saturday, September 16th at 9:30 am.
If you are offering a ride or a drive in your car, here’s a link to the map
for the EV test ride loop:
Here's the route for the EV test drive. Cars for test drives and rides will line up on Living Place. At the end of Living Place, turn right, and proceed straight though the light at Penn Avenue onto East Liberty Boulevard. Stay on East Liberty Boulevard until you get to Negley Run Boulevard on the right, turn right onto Negley Run Boulevard. Proceed all the way down Negley Run Boulevard to Washington Boulevard. Turn right on Washington Boulevard. Follow Washington Boulevard to Penn Avenue. Turn right on Penn Avenue, and return to the starting point at Living Place. It's 3 miles, and should take about 8 to 10 minutes in moderate traffic.
you would like to be a part of the EV motorcade, we will meet at Baum Boulevard Automotive, 4741 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 at 9:00 AM.
that point, it's off to Motor Square Garden for a photo shoot at AAA on South
Beatty Street, just off Baum Boulevard.
Then, off to Bakery Square for a 9:30 arrival and setup on the Bakery Living lawn. Bring some folding chairs with you if you plan on having your car be part of the static display on the lawn. Please try to be on the lawn for staging by 9:30!
EV Ice Cream Cruise - Bicycle Heaven to Klavon's Ice Cream Parlor, Pittsburgh, July 1st, 2017. Fiat 500E owner shipped his car in from California! A delicious time was had by all!
Heinz History Center, July 10th, 2017 - The Next Generation of Transportation EVent - Rides and drives were part of the 2017 Pittsburgh Energy Forum Series!
The Allegheny SolarFest, June 25th, 2017 - Lots of electric cars on display - encouraging everyone to drive on sunshine!
There are currently 69 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||9|
|Ford Focus Electric||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Hyundai Sonata Plug-In||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
Registered attendees report 489,966 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- DLC Provides Education on Vehicle Electrification During National Drive Electric Week
- Say Hello To Your Electrified Neighbors: 2017 National Drive Electric Week
- With National Drive Electric Week in Full Swing, an EV Owner Shares Tips From the Road
- Tesla unveils new ‘urban’ Supercharger with slower charge rate
- 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Now Available Nationwide
- This Chevy Volt Has 400,000 Miles On Odometer With No Noticeable Battery Degradation
- Autonomous shuttles start this fall at University of Michigan
- Cummins Beats Tesla To The Punch, Unveiling Heavy Duty Electric Truck
- A Tesla Model S hits 300,000 miles in just 2 years – saving an estimated $60,000 on fuel and maintenance
- Electric Cars Need a Boost. Electric Utilities Can Provide It. Charging systems for EVs need to be as common as gas stations
- Electric car chargers popping up in region
- Park City adds solar powered car-charging station
- Nissan readies next-generation LEAF for first public displays during 2017 National Drive Electric Week
- The Problem With Electric Cars? Not Enough Chargers
- Toyota and Mazda link up to build $1.6 billion U.S. plant, develop electric cars
- Autocrossing a Fiat 500e electric car for first, maybe last, time
- Electrification will follow autonomous
- Tesla Model 3 performance version is coming next year, says Elon Musk
- 2018 Nissan Leaf caught without camouflage in ad shoot
- 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Long-Term Update 2: The Braking Test
- My next car is electrified, says Shell CEO
- Tesla plans to disconnect ‘almost all’ Superchargers from the grid and go solar+battery, says Elon Musk
- Pitts Stop: First Electric Pickup Truck Already Has Wait List
- Nissan next-gen Leaf has ‘e-Pedal’ feature for one-pedal driving with regenerative braking
- Are consumers ready to hit the gas on electric cars?
- The Bollinger B1 is an all-electric truck with 360 horsepower and up to 200 miles of range
- Next GM EV To Be Bolt-Based Buick Crossover
- VW starts building its massive EV charging network under ‘Electrify America’
- National Drive Electric Week Pittsburgh - on Facebook!
- 2016’s Largest Environmental Mass Mobilization — National Drive Electric Week