National Drive Electric Week
Liberty Lake, WA
Sep 17, 2016
|Day:||Saturday, September 17, 2016 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Location:||Liberty Lake, WA
It was a rainy, soggy day which was not good for the event. Yet we got a great spread of cars including a Miata conversion, Smart ED, BMW X5 PHEV along with the usual Nissan and Tesla participants. Not as many people were heading through the next door Farmer's Market as we would have liked, so it turned into sort of a club meeting with like-minded people exchanging ideas. We're already talking about next year. Our local power company representative and a Genius from BMW were exchanging thoughts about how to get dealerships willingly involved. A big thanks to BMW, who were the only dealer to show up despite previous involvement from Nissan and Porsche. City Council candidate Andrew Biviano was in attendance. CBS affiliate KREM2 did a short news piece on the event with a brief interview with me, in which I urged the public to drive an EV. All the ecological and economical talk does not compare to the quiet, powerful sensation of taking one for a spin.
photo by: David Klenda
Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, BMW X540e, BMW i3 REX
The event is pending. Please visit the Attend page to find other National Drive Electric Week events.
In the News…
- Solar Acres Farm
- Show and tell August 10 at Felts Field
- Support Avista’s proposal recommendation will be issued on March 15 2016
- KXLY news clip
- Krem 2 news
- KREM 2 news clip on AVISTA proposal to add EV charging stations
- Spokane among 77 cities vying for $50 million transportation sweepstakes
- Avista wants to install 265 electric vehicle charging stations in Eastern Washington
- Front page artical from last year "Getting There: Electric, hybrid cars get their day"
- Electric Vehicles Will Beat Gas Cars Because They Are Better, Not Because They Are Cheaper Electric Vehicles (photo from last years event)