National Drive Electric Week
Kennett Square • Sep 10, 2016
|Day:||Saturday, September 10, 2016 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||8:30 AM - 4 PM|
S Broad St., between Juniper St. and Mulberry St.
303 S Broad St.
Kennett Square, PA 19348
The day started early with a meetup and group drive from the Hilton Garden Inn, Kennett Square, PA. Every attendee received a Drive Electric Car flag. We took a scenic drive on back roads to the Mushroom Festival's 2016 Antique and Classic Car Show, where we lined up along tree lined S. Broad street, between Juniper St. and Mulberry St.
Members of the Eastern Electric Vehicle Assn. and MD Volt spent the day discussing the benefits of driving electric, while taking breaks to walk the festival, cool off, get a bite to eat and visit Tesla Motor's Model S display. We spoke to over 1,000 people. Attendees also got to sit in a 1916 Rauch and Lang Electric Car and talk with a representative of the Marshall Steam Museum. The event also featured 3 electric motorcycles and several couples who had not just 1, but 2 EVs in the garage.
Owners donated over $500 to charity by supporting this event!
Our photo displays 100 years of technology advancement, connecting the future with the past.
photo by: Mark Czajka, Director, MD Volt Inc.
2016 Chevrolet Volt, 1916 Rauch & Lang and 2016 Tesla Model X. Other EVs line S. Broad Street in the background.
- NEW: Torklift Central is providing us with a certificate for a free EcoHitch we will raffle off to a lucky EV owner
- NEW: MOM's Organic Market Bryn Mawr is providing us with three $30 gift cards to raffle off
- NEW: Pokemon players...There is a Pokestop about 1/2 block from the electric cars - we will be setting lures throughout the day. Enjoy the fun and stop by and see us!
- These are by far the best parking spaces for the Mushroom Festival; registration includes 1 admission wristband
- Your family will have something to do while you mingle with the crowds
- Thousands come through the car show which meets the true spirit of NDEW: to get in front of people
- The car show is between a main parking location (Kennett High School) and the street event
- Food, food, and more food... every conceivable dish made with mushrooms
- View the complete schedule of events here
- See and take photos of a classic electric car - the 1916 Rauch and Lang Electric Car
- EV owners who preregister will get a t-shirt
- EV owners will get a free Drive Electric car flag and Royal Farms coffee coupon
- Event will include an early morning meetup and group drive
- The Mushroom Festival is an all volunteer organization whose proceeds are distributed to a wide variety of charities and organizations benefiting the residents of Kennett Square and the surrounding communities
- We did the event last year, and it was a lot of fun!
- $25 - payable at the event registration area
- Admission to festival if you are just coming to see the cars: $3
There are currently 49 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||6|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Chevy Spark EV||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
Registered attendees report 546,144 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- BEN Around Philly - Episode 79 - Podcast
- The 31st Annual Mushroom Festival: There's a little bit of new mixed with some old favorites
- Mushroom Festival Visitors' Guide
- Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square is right around the corner
- Six reasons to attend the Kennett Square Mushroom Festival
- More than 10,000 expected for 31st annual Mushroom Festival
- 31st Mushroom Fest back Sept. 10 & 11
- 31st Mushroom Festival Back, Sept. 10 & 11
- Kennett Square bursts with pride celebrating fungi and 31 years of fun