National Drive Electric Week
Beverly & Salem Drive (and Ride) Electric!
Sep 23, 2023
|Day:||Saturday, September 23, 2023 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||12:00 - 3:00 pm EDT|
|Location:||Beverly High School
100 Sohier Rd.
Parking Lot - under solar canopies
Beverly, MA 01915
- names and titles of any speakers None
- acknowledgment of sponsors, partners and exhibitors
- None (other than the banner we used as a tablecloth)
- unusual or popular vehicles
- 1960 EV Conversion of a red Heinkel Kabine
- 2021 ‘hacked’ Hyundai Kona
- Salem Police Dept's Ford F150 Lightning
- Beverly’s electric school bus
- Mercedes EQS 580
- people were actively test-riding the many e-bikes and e-cargo brought
- Custom-built e-tricycle
- links to videos or other resource material
- anything you want to share about your event
- We had decent attendance in spite of the threat of rain. It also helped that we advertised the event as being under the solar canopy so that people knew they could stay dry
- Since people had to come into the parking lot of the high school via a driveway, there were no passersby that "just moved on" without checking out our event. Anyone attending had to purposely come in. This was a standalone event, not part of a larger one.
- It was unclear when you asked about the number of plug-in vehicles whether you were referring to passenger vehicles (cars/trucks/buses) or whether this also included e-bikes, scooters, and OneWheels. We had all of these at our event - About 25 cars and trucks, the Beverly electric school bus, a bike shop that brought 5 or 6 e-bikes and e-cargo bikes for folx to try, and several private owners of e-bikes, e-scooters, and the OneWheel. They let people try their e-transports as well.
photo by: Erina Keefe, City of Beverly
Shawn Mahoney's Heinkel Kabine Microcar EV conversion
UPDATE 9/22: This event will be dry and sheltered from any rain. Meet under the solar canopies!
Are you curious about an EV? Want to check one out in person? Then this is the event for you!
Do you own an electric car? E-bike, e-cargo bike, or an electric scooter?
If you're passionate about your green mode of transportation and willing to share, we are looking for folx to bring passenger vehicles/bikes/etc. to our National Drive Electric Week event at Beverly High School.
You can see/register for the event (as an attendee, participant, or volunteer) here! We hope that you can join us.
If you bring your vehicle/bicycle, you can decide how you want to showcase it, including opening doors or taking passengers for rides. We're working on waivers and other details.
Several local dealers will be bringing EVs as well.
Please sign up, or feel free to email/call Stacy with any questions: email@example.com, (978) 745-9595 x41013
There are currently 77 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Chevrolet Bolt EUV||2|
|Ford F-150 Lightning||2|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||2|
|Hyundai KONA Electric||2|
|Tesla Model Y||2|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Hyundai Ioniq 5||1|
|MINI Cooper SE Hardtop 2 Door||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Tesla Model 3||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Toyota RAV4 Prime 4WD/AWD||1|
|Volvo C40 Recharge twin||1|
Registered attendees report 536,500 electric miles driven.