National Drive Electric Week
Drive Electric Charleston
Sep 23, 2023
|Day:||Saturday, September 23, 2023 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||12:00 - 4:00 pm EDT|
|Location:||Tradesman Brewing Co.
1647 King St. Extension
Charleston, SC 29405
Event ReportWe would like to acknowledge all the vendors who participated in our event including Palmetto Clean Fuels, Lowcountry Rapid Transit, CARTA, Lime, Baker Automotive, Crews Subaru & Chevrolet, Palmetto Ford, Charleston Kia, Boss Energy, West Electric, Apex Solar, and Aptera. A big thanks to World Centric who provided our food trucks and participants compostable cups and cutlery.
photo by: Katie McKain, City of Charleston
Drive Electric Charleston at Tradesman Brewing Co.
🚗⚡ Unleash the Future of Transportation at Charleston's National Drive Electric Event! 🌟
- ⚡ Fuel your EV knowledge at demo booths, activities, and interactive displays.
- ⚡ Witness a dazzling array of EVs, connect with local dealers, engage with existing EV owners, and tap into insights from charging installation pros and maintenance wizards.
- ⚡ Discover the three levels of EV charging stations, unravel the mysteries of vehicle charging, learn how to locate charging stations with ease, understand available tax credits, and have all your EV questions answered directly by the experts.
- 🍽️ And let's not forget the delectable delights – local food trucks and Tradesman Brewing are here to keep your energy up while you explore by offering food and drink for purchase.
- 🎟️ Raffle held hourly for booth visiting attendees. Get information at the welcome table.
- ☔ Rain or ☀️shine, this electrifying event awaits. Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of age! This is an expo-style event with a flexible schedule. Feel free to drop by at your convenience.
1) This event embodies sustainability! 🌍 Composting and recycling options will be available throughout, please do your part to minimize waste and ensure items are disposed of properly.
2) Don't forget your reusable water bottle 💧– our convenient water refill station is here to keep you hydrated and eco-friendly!
3) This is an inclusive event: To support requests for special accommodations and in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, people who need alternative formats, ASL (American Sign Language) Interpretation or other accommodation please contact Katie at email@example.com at least one week prior to the event and we will do our best to accommodate requests.
4) Directions via Public Transit: 🚍 The venue is available by public transit! CARTA stop #155 (King St/ Ashepoo Ln) is a one minute walk to the event. It can be accessed off Route 102- North Neck. CARTA stop #106 is a three minute walk (requires non ADA friendly crossing of King and Meeting streets), and Route 11- Dorchester Rd / Airport and Route 10- Rivers Ave stop there.
5) Directions by bike : 🚲There will be a designated bike parking area for all bikes. For private bikes, there is a rack available, please bring your own lock. Note, the area will not have direct supervision or valet. Lime e-bikes that are part of the City's bikeshare program are welcome and should park here too (and will not be charged an out of network fee as Lime is opening the perimeter limits for this event). Please reference the People Pedal Plan map to identify the optimal corridors to travel on bike to the event.
There are currently 144 attendees registered.
Registered attendees report 650,285 electric miles driven.