National Drive Electric Week
Sep 19, 2015
|Saturday, September 19, 2015 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.
|10 - 2
|Presbyterian Church - Parish House
65 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
We had a 1917 Detroit Electric on display that came and left under its own power, there are pics and videos of this EV as well as all of the EVs and crowd there
A local business, Smart World Coffee, supported us by giving us a great deal on pastries for our drivers (I treated them) and also gave us free coffee. Other biz want to help next year
Sustainable Morristown promoted us and sent an email to over 3,000. The Presbyterian Church gave us their lot for the event
Morristown Patch published our event
Morristown Green published event/story
Green Car Reports listed our event in story
A couple EV drivers came from Virginia and even Ohio to join us and see the 1917 Detroit Electric
Morristown has been a focus of the EAA/NJEAA in getting them to install public chargers so this event was key. As luck would have it the Mayor stopped by just as the Detroit Electric was pulling in followed by a line of EVs that stopped traffic. He now wants to set up a meeting for chargers
photo by: Bearded Mug Media (Bryan McCarthy)
1917 Detroit Electric Model 68 joined by Tesla Roadsters, Tesla Model Ss, BMW i3s, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Smart fortwo ED, Mercedes B-Class ED, Chevy Volts, Nissan LEAFs, VW eGolfs, Ford C-Max Energi, Toyota Rav4 EV and a Zero SR
An opportunity to learn all about Electric Cars in one place. Learn how much fun they are to drive, how little they cost to run and why we all have a big smile on our faces when we drive them. Talk to owners about their experiences and maybe get the chance to take a ride in an Electric Car.
Special thanks to:
Sustainable Morristown for sponsoring us
The Presbyterian Church of Morristown for the use of their lot
- JMK BMW will be onsite for test drives/rides in an electric BMW i3 between 11am and 1pm
- Paul Miller Volkswagen will be onsite for test drives/rides in an electric VW eGolf beginning at 10am
- See an amazing variety of electric vehicles up close and in one place
- When checking out the cars stop by the Electric Auto Association booth for info on the non-profit organization and a coupon to Smart World Coffee
- We will have a 1917 Detroit Electric Model 68 joining us as well (pictured below with a 2014 BMW i3 REx)
Below is a map of the location showing EV EVent area labeled EV Parking. The EV event area is for EVs and Plugins only please. There is plenty of street parking along South Street, Miller Rd, Maple Ave and Community Place.
There are currently 78 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)
|BMW i3 REx
|Detroit Electric Model 68 (1917)
|Ford C-MAX Energi
|Honda Fit EV
|Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive
|Smart fortwo electric drive
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)
Registered attendees report 729,922 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Greater Morristown weekend preview: A little something for everyone
- It's Electric! Plug-In Vehicles Coming to Morristown For National Event
- 1917 Detroit Electric Car in Morristown, NJ
- Old is new: 1917 car steals electric car show in Morristown
- 1917 Detroit Electric Vs 2014 BMW i3: A Century Of Electric Cars
- ElectraGirl: National Drive Electric Week – A Week Full of Electric Vehicles.