National Drive Electric Week
Iowa City Climate Fest Drive Electric Event
Iowa City, IA
Sep 24, 2022
|Day:||Saturday, September 24, 2022 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||7:30 am - 12:00 pm CDT|
|Location:||Iowa City Farmers Market South Parking Lot
405 E Washington St.
Iowa City, IA 52240
Event ReportAlong with the drivers and their wonderful vehicles on display we had other organizations represented including
- MidAmerican Energy's Bolt and informational table,
- The local chapter of Sierra Club tabled,
- World of Bikes has their electric bikes on display,
- Sustainable Stewards brought their zero emissions lawn mower and information about their lawn care services,
- The City had one of our electric busses present, and
- Our division, Climate Action and Outreach gave out the NDEW's promotional items, City promotional items, and provided information to attendees.
photo by: Jack Brooks, City of Iowa City
From left to right the vehicles include a Ford Mustang Mach-E, Nissan Leaf (x2), and a Tesla Model S.
In the last year, EV ownership in our area has grown by 50%. Why? We can think of a few reasons:
Lower fuels costs
High torque performance
Quieter and cleaner transportation
Whether you already own an EV and want to share the love or you are EV curious and want a chance to talk to real, local drivers, this event is for you!
There will also be information on Iowa City resources for EVs, including the locations of local charging stations, incentives from MidAmerican for EV purchases and more.
There are currently 41 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Chevrolet Bolt EUV||1|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||1|
|Kia Niro Electric||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
|Toyota RAV4 Prime 4WD||1|
Registered attendees report 537,075 electric miles driven.