National Drive Electric Week
Electric Vehicle Expo @ Innovation Park
South Bend, IN
Sep 25, 2021
|Day:||Saturday, September 25, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||10:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT|
|Location:||IDEA Center at Innovation Park
1400 E Angela Blvd
South Bend, IN 46617
photo by: MACOG
Prior to a test drive, event staff with MACOG explain how a vehicle charges and the components under the hood.
University of Notre Dame and partners present an Electric Vehicle Expo during Notre Dame Energy Week!
Get behind the wheel and experience an electric vehicle first hand! Test drives may be available from dealerships, pending availability at that time.
Hear from electric vehicle drivers about their experience. Learn from the Department of Energy Clean Cities program where electric vehicles are available locally both new and used, how to find electric vehicle charging stations, what purchasing incentives are available and more!
Electric vehicle owners are welcome & encouraged to bring their electric vehicles to the event - register using the "Participate" button.
All-electric vehicles may include:
- Chevy Bolt
- Nissan LEAF
- Tesla (various models)
- BMW i3
Plug-In hybrid vehicles may include:
- Toyota Prius Prime
- Toyota RAV4 Prime
- Chrysler Pacifica mini-van
- Ford C-Max
- Ford Fusion
- Kia Niro
Event Partners: Center for Sustainable Energy at Notre Dame (ND Energy), University of Notre Dame Office of Sustainability, Michiana Area Council of Governments (MACOG), City of South Bend Office of Sustainability, South Shore Clean Cities
- The event will take place entirely outdoors to limit risk
- Staff, volunteers, and attendees are asked to wear masks while at the event when within 6 feet of another person.
- Attendees are encouraged to review ways to wear a mask to improve the fit and filtration. For more information, visit the CDC webpage.
- Please stay home if you are sick or experience symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided for attendees and to each driver for sanitizing vehicles
- During test drives or rides, only people of the same household may ride in a vehicle at the same time besides the dealer, and windows must be down
- EV drivers are asked to wipe down their vehicle in between interactions (front seats, steering wheel, touch panels and buttons, pens, armrests, seat belt buckles, and inside and outside door handles). See CDC Guidance on disinfecting vehicles.
- Only food in sealed packages may be served
- Organizers will be monitoring the latest safety guidelines for outdoor gathering from state and local health officials leading up to the event
There are currently 40 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||2|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Tesla Model Y||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
Registered attendees report 227,100 electric miles driven.