National Drive Electric Week
Goshen First Fridays @ City Hall
Oct 01, 2021
|Day:||Friday, October 1, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||5:00 - 7:30 pm EDT|
|Location:||202 S 5th Street
Goshen, IN 46528
Event ReportOur event in Goshen featured 20 plug-in vehicles - 4 plug-in hybrids (Chrysler Pacifica, Toyota Prius Prime, and Kia Niro) and 16 all-electric (Chevy Bolt, Nissan LEAF, Kia Niro EV, Tesla Models S, X, 3, Y, Fiat 500e, an unexpected Polestar 2 that just showed up to charge, and even a rare 1998 Ford Ranger Electric!).
The event was held during First Fridays in downtown Goshen and over 300 people stopped by our event to talk to local EV drivers, and test drive or ride along in the City of Goshen's Tesla Model 3.
Thanks to co-hosts South Shore Clean Cities and the City of Goshen Department of Environmental Resilience.
Get behind the wheel and experience an electric vehicle first hand! Hear from electric vehicle drivers about their experience. Learn from South Shore Clean Cities what electric vehicles are available locally (both new and used), how and where to find electric vehicle charging stations, what purchasing incentives are available and more!
Electric vehicle owners are welcome & encouraged to bring their electric vehicles to the event! Test drives may be available from dealerships, pending availability at that time.
All-electric vehicles scheduled include (updated 9/28/2021):
- Chevy Bolt
- Nissan LEAF
- Tesla (various models)
- Fiat 500e
Plug-In hybrid vehicles may include:
- Toyota Prius Prime
- Chrysler Pacifica mini-van
- Ford C-Max
- Honda Clarity
- Kia Niro
Co-hosted by: City of Goshen, Michiana Area Council of Governments, South Shore Clean Cities
- The event will take place entirely outdoors to limit risk
- Staff, volunteers, and attendees are asked to wear masks while at the event when within 6 feet of another person.
- Attendees are encouraged to review ways to wear a mask to improve the fit and filtration. For more information, visit the CDC webpage.
- Please stay home if you are sick or experience symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided for attendees and to each driver for sanitizing vehicles
- During test drives or rides, only people of the same household may ride in a vehicle at the same time besides the dealer, and windows must be down
- EV drivers are asked to wipe down their vehicle in between interactions (front seats, steering wheel, touch panels and buttons, pens, armrests, seat belt buckles, and inside and outside door handles). See CDC Guidance on disinfecting vehicles.
- Only food in sealed packages may be served
- Organizers will be monitoring the latest safety guidelines for outdoor gathering from state and local health officials leading up to the event
There are currently 53 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Kia Niro Electric||1|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Tesla Model Y||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
Registered attendees report 474,100 electric miles driven.