All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six
feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2021 events.
Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you.
For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
Get behind the wheel and experience an electric vehicle first hand! Hear from electric vehicle drivers about their experience. Learn from South Shore Clean Cities what electric vehicles are available locally (both new and used), how and where to find electric vehicle charging stations, what purchasing incentives are available and more!
Electric vehicle owners are welcome & encouraged to bring their electric vehicles to the event! Test drives may be available from dealerships, pending availability at that time.
All-electric vehicles may include:
- Chevy Bolt
- Nissan LEAF
- Tesla (various models)
- BMW i3
Plug-In hybrid vehicles may include:
- Toyota Prius Prime
- Toyota RAV4 Prime
- Chrysler Pacifica mini-van
- Ford C-Max
- Ford Fusion
- Kia Niro
Co-hosted by: City of Goshen, Michiana Area Council of Governments, South Shore Clean Cities
- The event will take place entirely outdoors to limit risk
- Staff, volunteers, and attendees are asked to wear masks while at the event when within 6 feet of another person.
- Attendees are encouraged to review ways to wear a mask to improve the fit and filtration. For more information, visit the CDC webpage
- Please stay home if you are sick or experience symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided for attendees and to each driver for sanitizing vehicles
- During test drives or rides, only people of the same household may ride in a vehicle at the same time besides the dealer, and windows must be down
- EV drivers are asked to wipe down their vehicle in between interactions (front seats, steering wheel, touch panels and buttons, pens, armrests, seat belt buckles, and inside and outside door handles). See CDC Guidance on disinfecting vehicles.
- Only food in sealed packages may be served
- Organizers will be monitoring the latest safety guidelines for outdoor gathering from state and local health officials leading up to the event
There are currently 26 attendees registered.
Registered attendees report 418,050 electric miles driven.