National Drive Electric Week
EVs for Everyone: Ride and Drive
Oct 03, 2021
|Day:||Sunday, October 3, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened.|
|Time:||11:00 am - 4:00 pm PDT|
|Location:||Salinas Amtrak Station
11 Station Place
New Lincoln Ave Extension Parking Lot
Salinas, CA 93901
EV Ride and Drive Event, Salinas - Event Overview
It was a rewarding and gratifying day to see, first-hand, the genuine interest attendees have in wanting to learn more about EVs. We were very happy to see entire families attend the event and so many folks in consideration of making an EV purchase. It really is the beginning of a new future and we are helping to make it happen in our community. All this wouldn’t be possible without all of our enthusiastic EV car and motorcycle owners, community organizations who came out to exhibit, and all of our attendees who made it a priority to attend our event.
Highlights of the day include:
- Overall, the day was a success with 57 test drives – with only 3 test drive cars! Salinas Valley Ford with the Mustang Mach-E, Cardinale Volkswagen of Salinas with the Volkswagen ID.4, and Nissan Leaf
- 22 gracious EV Owners who brought their cars and tirelessly shared their knowledge in the Showcase Zone: Fiat 500e, Tesla Model Y and 3, Nissan Leaf, Bolt, Ford Mustang Mach-E, Escape PHEV, and Chrysler Pacifica
- 96% of attendees surveyed said "After learning more about EVs at this event, they are likely to consider an EV or PHEV as their next car purchase."
- Morgan Vetter and the E-motorcycle Club were on hand with a cool display of the latest e-motorcycles from: Zero, Energica, Brammo, and Lightning
- Based on our adult and kids Passport activity, we estimate that we had between 300-500 people attend the event.
- The crowd was steady throughout the day and attendees enjoyed seeing an array of used EV models, including motorcycles and learning from a very enthusiastic group of EV owners.
- The Kids Zone was non-stop busy with kids building solar cars and making Mission Z buttons – many thanks to the Global Institute For Teachers Team: Richard, Amy, Liz for their ingenious activities!
- The e-bike booth also stayed busy throughout the day and people had a blast test riding the bikes.
- Our Community Organizations exhibiting expressed gratitude for being part of a successful event and were impressed with inquisitive questions from attendees. They include: Salinas Valley Chamber, Central Coast Community Energy, Monterey Bay Air Resources District, Transportation Agency Monterey County, Digital Nest, Monterey-Salinas Transit, Sustainable Salinas, All About You Auto, REI Marina, Monterey Peninsula Power Motors
- We know for certain everyone enjoyed the amazing Bees Knees ice cream from Revival – their ice cream is truly the best!
- Last but not least, Mayor Kimbley Craig, and State Assembly Member, Robert Rivas, were on-hand to answer questions, chat with attendees, and happy to take pictures with kids and adults.
photo by: Ecology Action
Mayor Kimbley Craig
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2021 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
o EV test drives, EV car show including electric motorcycles - Drop ins welcome or Pre-Sign Up for test drives at https://signup.com/go/CwnLCZM
o Kids' activities to learn how EV batteries work
o Electric bike test rides
o Bike helmet and bike light prizes for kids (while supplies last) - adults can enter for a chance to win a NEW Faraday e-bike
o Meet Mayor Kimberly Craig and hear her keynote on Salinas EV initiatives at 10:45 a.m.
o Fun, educational activities at booths staffed by community organizations focused on clean transportation options
o Learn about EV about the benefits, incentives, savings, including federal, state, and local rebates
o Learn how to get FREE EV Purchase Guidance Assistance through our EVs for Everyone program
o Spin the Wheel and get an EVs for Everyone sticker
To learn more about this event, full details are listed at: https://mbeva.org/
If you're an EV Owner, sign up to bring your car to our event and talk with attendees!
Tweet #NDEW2021 Follow @DriveElecEvents Tweet
There are currently 80 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||2|
|Tesla Model Y||2|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Volvo XC40 Recharge twin||1|
Registered attendees report 426,066 electric miles driven.