National Drive Electric Week
Austin Drive Electric Virtual Sessions
Sep 28-Oct 03, 2021
|Note:||This is an online only event with no physical location.|
|Days:||September 28-October 3, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened.|
|Time:||12:00 - 10:00 pm CDT|
|Audience:||Austin, TX, Local Area|
|Recording:||view the recorded presentation.|
Solar and EVs
Event ReportIt was hard to decide to go virtual with our event for a second year in a row, but the Austin community was incredibly supportive. We programmed a series of one-hour virtual sessions on topics affecting Austin, TX local EV adoption.
- Joseph Barletta of Smart Charge America as he talked about what charging infrastructure we'll need here in Texas to keep up with demand.
- Kevin Karrafa from Austin EV Only as he shared his progress digging into the EV conversion scene here in Austin, TX.
- Laura Morrison with TxETRA, who shared about the South Central Texas Electric Transportation Compact and the group's work across sectors to reduce emissions in transportation through electrification.
- Michelle Anselment from the San Antonio and Austin Tesla Owners clubs talking about Tesla Solar installations, how they fully power their cars and houses from the sun, and how they were able to rely on their solar power to get through the Texas Snowmageddon.
- Amy Atchley and Bobby Godsey with the Austin Energy EV Team to share about the latest news on electric vehicles in Austin and beyond.
Join us virtually in Austin to celebrate Drive Electric Week.
We will schedule several sessions highlighting what Austinites are doing to support the transition to electric transportation.
Please register for the event here for a chance to win the gift card, receive access to the links for the virtual sessions, and share what EV you drive!
All EVs welcome!
9/28 @ noon -- Public EV Charging Infrastructure, how much will Texas need?
9/29 @ noon -- DIY perspectives on EV conversions
9/30 @ noon -- Partnering across sectors to clean south-central texas’ air
9/30 @ 7pm -- All in! Powering your electric car and house with Tesla Solar
10/1 @ noon -- Electric lunch with the Austin Energy EV team
Tweet #NDEW2021 Follow @DriveElecEvents Tweet
There are currently 86 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model Y||9|
|Tesla Model S||8|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||6|
|Tesla Model 3||6|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||3|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||2|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Hyundai Sonata Plug-In||1|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
Registered attendees report 1,707,707 electric miles driven.