National Drive Electric Week
National Drive Electric Poolesville Day Event
Sep 18, 2021
|Day:||Saturday, September 18, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened.|
|Time:||10:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT|
|Location:||Poolesville Parking Lot at Rt 109 and Rt 107 (Anyt
19950 Fisher Ave
Poolesville, MD 20837
Our National Drive Electric Week Event was one of the largest we have had, despite COVID. We had 267 Registered Plugin Electric and Plugin Hybrid Vehicles (more than 32 different models) and that did not include the 30+ All-Electric Motorcycles that Zero brought. We had a number of great Sponsors that included the Montgomery County Government, who brought their new Mach-E Police cars and provided us a new all-electric Ride-On commuter bus that shuttled participants from public parking areas. It included Zero Motorcycles, who used our event as part of their "Zero Motorcycles Experience Electric World Tour " and it included Nissan, who displayed their all-new, not yet in production in the US, Ariya. Our event started with a paraded and went all day with displays and fun.
Marc Elrich, County Executive, Montgomery County, MD - Presented Proclamation
David Fraser-Hidalgo, Maryland State Delegate, District 15 - Presented Citation
Other public officials who attended:
Evan Glass, Montgomery County Councilmember, At-Large
Hans Riemer, Montgomery County Councilmember, At-Large
Kerri Cook, President, Town of Poolesville Commissioners
Will Jawando, Montgomery County Councilmember, At-Large
Andrew Friedson, Montgomery County Councilmember, District 1
Syndey Katz, Montgomery County Councilmember, District 3
Lily Qi, Maryland State Delegate, District 15
In the News:
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2021 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.Hosted by Poolesville.Green, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization encouraging Sustainable Living and, the Maryland Tesla Owners, a non-profit 501(c)(7) organization supporting the rEVolution to Electric Vehicles and the mission of Tesla, and supported by local organizations like One Montgomery Green (OMG), MD Volt, Electric Vehicles Association of Greater Washington, DC (EVA/DC), Northern Virginia Tesla Owners, and others. Volunteer, Sponsor!
This is looking to be the largest National Drive Electric Week event in the world for 2021, come join us!
Photo of a pre-COVID-19 National Drive Electric - Poolesville Day Event
The event runs from 10 am -4 pm, but you can come at any time during the event and stay as long or as little as you want.
From Zero Motorcycles - One of Platnum Sponsors:
For the latest up to date information, check (after registering) our Event Driver and Vendor Information Planning Page: The Driver and Vendor Info Page
Poolesville Green’s 2019 National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) Poolesville Day Electric Vehicle Show was a huge success again! Again Number 1 on the east coast with 230+ vehicles registered and number 4 out of 330+ events worldwide (based on registered vehicles). 2021 is shaping up to be the largest in the world, but more importantly, better! More visitors, more highlights, move big sponsors, manufacturers, and dealerships, more rides and drives, more give-a-ways, and more FUN! Let's make 2021 the biggest and best year ever. Come help us make it happen!
- To learn more about your EV and other EVs from real EV owners, from dealerships and from manufacturers
- To share what you know with other EVers and with the general public (help them "Join the rEVolution")
- And most of all, to have Fun! Oh, and get free stuff.
- Anyone interested in getting event updates and changes.
- Plug-In Electric and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Car Owners who love to show off their vehicles and to share with others: The more the merrier. (Free event shirt, "Swag Bag" and other goodies for Registered Vehicle Owners/Dealerships, first come, first served, while supplies last). Plus registered drivers only free drawings.
- Sponsors: We need sponsors to help make this the best NDEW event ever.
- Media: Please help us get the word out! Exclusive access! Pre-event demonstrations.
- Volunteers: We need the help (you get a T-shirt for that) :)
- ALL (Note: Only Sponsors, Volunteers, and EV / PHEV Car owners will get a FREE T-Shirt, but all can reserve one (for $18 donation)).
- Registering Multiple Vehicles: Bringing more than 1 Electric/Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle? Please register each (Note: Each registration will have to have its own email address, otherwise it will overwrite your 1st registration). Use a 2nd email address on a new registration or tell us home many vehicles you are bringing in the comment section, this helps in our event planning.
Why Register Now?
- You will be notified of any changes, additions, headliners, and of any related EV events,
- Registration helps us plan the event and to arrange for the correct number of T-Shirts and give-a-ways (Free to Registered Vehicle Owners/Dealerships). Note, we usually have a limited supply of t-shirts. Please sign up early and we will do our best to have enough.
- So please help us help you, EV owner or not, please register here and now.
- Not sure if you can make it? Register now anyway! That way you will know if there are any changes. We can remove your name later if you find you cannot attend (just send me a note).
- Showing early interest helps media and sponsors to gauge and encourage their participation.
- Click the blue REGISTER button at the top of this page and you'll be entered for a chance to win a $250 Visa gift card
Driver Drawing at 3:30 pm
* Information coming ...
* Information coming ...
We are non-profit and really need your help (note: donations are not required to participate). We are looking for sponsors (as little as $20 dollars on up). A fairly standard donation with most of the benefits starts at $250. Early donations of $250 or more will get your logo added to our event T-Shirts. The sooner you sponsor, the more your logos will show up on our websites, flyers and other event media. Donations can be made through our website: http://poolesville.green/support-us/ (Click on "Donate Now"). Donations can also be made in terms of a valued gift to be used in drawings and raffles to our drivers and to our guests at the event. Contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page) to make arrangements for pickup or delivery of those types of donations. Register here to get the latest updates through our EV event email list and/or contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page).
Contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page) for info or to make special arrangements. Register here to get the latest updates. We can plan a "media day" prior to the event day, make arrangements. Check out events from prior years at Poolesville Green.
Any questions, contact through this site (after registering) or through http://Poolesville.Green
or direct email: use the Contact button near the top, under the Registration and Volunteer buttons.
A special Thank You to our 2021 Event Sponsors:
Bronze Level Sponsors
Become a Sponsor or Donor for our 2021 event at http://Poolesville.Green/support-us/ (and/or click on "Contact" the organizers of this event near the top of this page).
Tweet #NDEW2021 Follow @DriveElecEvents Tweet
There are currently 717 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||91|
|Tesla Model Y||43|
|Tesla Model S||26|
|Tesla Model X||18|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||8|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||6|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||3|
|Kia Niro Electric||3|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||3|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||3|
|BMW i3 REx||2|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||2|
|Hyundai KONA Electric||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Chevy Spark EV||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
|Volvo XC90 AWD PHEV||1|
Registered attendees report 7,685,397 electric miles driven.