National Drive Electric Week
Palm Springs, CA
Oct 01, 2020
|Note:||This is an online only event with no physical location due to Coronavirus issues.|
|Day:||Thursday, October 1, 2020 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
Palm Springs, CA
|Recording:||view the recorded presentation.|
Local Public Charging
Thank you for joining us online for National Drive Electric Week 2020 - Palm Springs! We missed that we were not with you in-person, but glad we connected in a webinar. We encourage you to visit a local dealership and test drive one of their electric vehicle.
Thanks to our speakers/presenters who did a fantastic job, and to Palm Springs Nissan Dealership for accommodating us.
Overview of what was covered on the agenda with partners names:
- Welcome: Georgia Seivright, Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region (C3VR).
- EV 101 and local resources available: Georgia Seivright, Coordinator Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region (C3VR)
- Plugstar: Kylie Morgan, Plug-in-America Assistant Program Manager.
- ClipperCreek Plug-in Vehicle Charging: Will Barrett, Director of sales. ClipperCreek also donated a home charging station as a give away.
- California Vehicles Clean Rebate Program and qualifying tool: Rachel Morales, Outreach Coordinator, Clean Transportation
- Ride-and-drive video: Sponsored by Edison International with C3VR. Videographer Gerald Cromwell.
- Video participants:
- Palm Springs Nissan: General Manager Majed Mansour and EV expert Seth Richardson.
- City of Palm Springs Sustainability Manager: Patrick Tallarico, update on City of Palm Springs readiness for electric vehicles.
- Ride-and-Drive of Nissan Leaf: Samuel and Nicola.
- Local EV driver of nine years (Tesla), on his experience driving an electric vehicle: Frank Landfield.
- Palm Springs Rav-4 driver: Georgia Seivright
- Organizer/Team Captain: Georgia Seivright, Coordinator - Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region.
photo by: Georgia Seivright, Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region
Samuel and Nicola Llan did a test drive of the Nissan Leaf Plus, at Palm Springs Nissan Dealership.
~ ~ Due to COVID-19 we will be conducting this event online, with no physical location due to Coronavirus issues ~ ~
Join us on Thursday, October 1st, at 11am for an online event on Electric Vehicles!
Go Electric Coachella Valley!
Register to win a ClipperCreek home charging station!
"Our second year and we love the support received from our EV drivers and stakeholders in the Coachella Valley Region!"
- The captured excitement of driving an Electric Vehicle (EV) for the first time!
- Current incentives available for purchasing these vehicles!
- An Electric vehicle (EV) owner shares the experience of driving an EV!
- Best practices charging at home and in public!
- Electric vehicle 101 and resources for consumers / Get your Electric Vehicle questions answered
Thank you to our partners: City of Palm Springs Sustainability Department, California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, ClipperCreek, Palm Springs Nissan, and to our local sponsors Edison International and Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region!
There are currently 23 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Hyundai KONA Electric||2|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
Registered attendees report 151,088 electric miles driven.