National Drive Electric Week
Oct 03, 2020
|Day:||Saturday, October 3, 2020|
|Time:||8 - noon|
The Market at Pepper Place
2930 3rd Ave South
Birmingham, AL 35233
It's a GO! Again this year we will celebrate National Drive Electric Week in Birmingham featuring many types of electric vehicles along with their proud owners who are eager to share how they get a charge out of driving in the most fun, ecologically friendly and economically frugal way possible. The NDEW Showcase will take place from 8 a.m. until noon at The Market at Pepper Place on Saturday, October 3, 2020.
We have expanded the reserved parking in front of Bettola's Restaurant for EV's to maintain social distancing. Masks are required for all participants in keeping with NDEW, Pepper Place, state and national Covid-19 safety rules. Sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer will be readily available at each car and EVent station. See additional information at bottom of page.
All registered NDEW registered EV owners are asked to arrive by 7 AM. Owners will be directed to their reserved space that will provide maximum space around the vehicles for attendees to view and ask questions.
The Showcase is being hosted again this year by the Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition (ACFC), UAB Sustainability, Alabama Power Co., the City of Birmingham and ZEOG – the Zero Emissions Owners Group. Electric vehicles from such automakers as Nissan, Chevrolet, Tesla, BMW, Toyota, Honda, Cadillac will be on display in the designated parking lot at Bettola’s Restaurant.
“Electric vehicle owners will be on hand to
show off their vehicles and answer your questions about the cost savings they have
enjoyed and their experiences driving plug-in electric vehicles,” said ACFC Executive
Director Mark Bentley. “Electric vehicles give off zero emissions, are
economical to drive and provide good, high-paying jobs right here in our state.”
WHAT: National Drive Electric Week Showcase
WHEN: Saturday, October 3, 8 a.m. until noon
WHERE: Pepper Place, parking lot at Bettola’s Restaurant at The Market at Pepper Place, 2930 3rd Ave. South, Birmingham
COVID-19 Considerations at NDEW in Birmingham
All event activities will be outdoors on the parking lot in front of Bettola’s, except for essential functions such as restroom use.
· All staff and EV owners are required to wear face masks at all times.
· All attendees are required to wear face masks at all times.
· Display signs to discourage physical contact by staying at least 6 feet apart will be posted.
· No-touch trash cans will be provided.
· Routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces including tables, door handles, steering wheels, pens, tablet screens, etc. is required
· Disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated with germs after cleaning. See this guidance from the CDC.
· EV owners please come prepared to wipe down vehicles (front seats, steering wheel, touch panels and buttons, and inside and outside door handles) and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be provide to every driver. See this guidance from the CDC specifically for disinfecting vehicles.
Tweet #NDEW2020 Follow @DriveElecEvents Tweet
There are currently 41 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||4|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Tesla Model X||2|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Chevy Spark EV||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Tesla Model Y||1|
Registered attendees report 300,006 electric miles driven.
In the News…