National Drive Electric Week
Richmond National Drive Electric Week Event
Oct 01, 2020
|Note:||This is an online only event with no physical location.|
|Day:||Thursday, October 1, 2020 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||1 pm to 3 pm|
|Audience:||Richmond, CA, Local Area|
|Host:||City of Richmond Transportation Services Department|
|Topics:||Cost of Ownership
The City of Richmond recently held its first virtual National Drive Electric Event. The webinar included EV, eBike, and charging basics, two virtual test drives from Hanless Hilltop Nissan and a private owner), an eBike live demonstration, an EV Owner panel, and the introduction of new eMobility called Veelo . All event registrants were entered into a local raffle to win two Blink Level II home chargers, a Gotcha Bike Share Annual membership, Volta swag, several Power Inverters, Amazon gift cards, Rich City Ride gift cards and additional promotional discounts for auto and ebike purchases for those in attendance. We would like to thank and recognize our amazing KCRT team for their audio/visual talent and support: Richard Lee, KCRT Cable and Television Manager, Brian Bland, Senior Production, and Christian Wimmer, Production Associate.
We would like to thank all of our presenters: Annika Osborn, Drive Clean Bay Area Community Outreach and Program Director and EV owner panelist; Julia Isabel Rivera, Center for Sustainable Energy; Coire Reilly, TDM Program Manager -WCCTAC | 511 Contra Costa; Rebecca Gutierrez, Vice President of Marketing- blink; Tom Bressan, Business Development-The Urban Farmer Store and EV owner panelist ; Scott Oltmann, Volta Manager-Site Development; Dianna Salinas, Marketing Outreach Coordinator-Community Housing Development Corporation; Najari Smith, Executive Director-Rich City Rides; Johnny Hill, EV owner panelist, Brice Jamieson, CEO/Founder EVSEE Technologies, and moderator Denée Evans, Transportation Project Manager, City of Richmond.
Other City NDEW Highlights:
· Official Richmond City Council National Drive Electric Week Proclamation
- Mayor Tom Butt issued the Climate Hero Certificate to Tom Bressan, local EV advocate, NDEW volunteer and commercial business owner who installed solar panels and an EV charging lot for his employee's use.
· NDEW 2020 Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYuHpPQf5Q
· Nissan Leaf Virtual Test Drive :https://youtu.be/9dpYNgBuXl8
· Virtual Test Drive Chevy Bolt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3-Yu1Dc_6g&feature=youtu.be
Please Join Us for Our First Virtual National Drive Electric Week Event.
- Experience a virtual test drive of an 2020 Nissan LEAF
- Attendees are automatically entered into prize drawings with winners announced throughout the webinar
- EV Owners will share the benefits of ownership
- Gain Direct Access to EV vehicle, eBike rebates, charging station funding and other financial incentives
- Learn How to fund work place or curbside EV Charging
- Learn about the numerous city of Richmond public and private EV charging hubs and clean air initiatives
Everyone is Welcomed!
View last year's event here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4shoEUB_c&t=8s
There are currently 101 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Ford Fusion Energi||4|
|Tesla Model 3||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
Registered attendees report 428,113 electric miles driven.
In the News…