National Drive Electric Week
Sep 20, 2014
|Day:||Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||10am - 2 pm|
|Location:||Ijams Nature Center
2915 Island Home Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37920
photo by: Jonathan Overly
Eric Cardwell (far right) explains how he charges his Chevrolet Volt to event attendees. The group is in front of the Tennessee-made Shockwave Defiant Roadster, an all-electric, three-wheeler.
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2021 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
- Electric vehicle showcase (at least 6 different models!)
- Vehicle owners & experts on hand to answer questions
- Giveaways & SWAG
- Hands-on experiences with vehicles; look at the interiors, too!
- Presentations every hour under the Ijams pavilion (see Shop Talk schedule below)
- Tons of information on vehicle availability, pricing, charging, and more
- Opportunities to ride in an electric vehicle (Nissan Leaf or Chevrolet Volt; after event concludes at 2 pm)
- 10:30 am: Environmental Benefits of Electric Vehicles
- 11:30 am: Charging: Availability & Costs
- 12:30 pm: EcoCAR Overview
- 1:30 pm: The Defiant Roadster
There are currently 27 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||8|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||3|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
Registered attendees report 181,849 electric miles driven.