National Drive Electric Week
Sep 20, 2014
|Day:||Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10am - 2 pm|
Ijams Nature Center
2915 Island Home Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37920
photo by: Jonathan Overly
Eric Cardwell (far right) explains how he charges his Chevrolet Volt to event attendees. The group is in front of the Tennessee-made Shockwave Defiant Roadster, an all-electric, three-wheeler.
- Electric vehicle showcase (at least 6 different models!)
- Vehicle owners & experts on hand to answer questions
- Giveaways & SWAG
- Hands-on experiences with vehicles; look at the interiors, too!
- Presentations every hour under the Ijams pavilion (see Shop Talk schedule below)
- Tons of information on vehicle availability, pricing, charging, and more
- Opportunities to ride in an electric vehicle (Nissan Leaf or Chevrolet Volt; after event concludes at 2 pm)
- 10:30 am: Environmental Benefits of Electric Vehicles
- 11:30 am: Charging: Availability & Costs
- 12:30 pm: EcoCAR Overview
- 1:30 pm: The Defiant Roadster
There are currently 27 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||8|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||3|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
Registered attendees report 181,849 electric miles driven.