Drive Electric Event
Grand Forks, ND
Aug 08, 2019
|Day:||Thursday, August 8, 2019 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
5301 32nd Ave. S.
Grand Forks, ND 58201
Where we’re going, we don’t need gas…
Join Minnkota Power Cooperative and Nodak Electric Cooperative on August 8 for an evening of electric vehicles (EVs), food trucks, and a showing of Back to the Future under the stars.
Plugged In to the Future will feature a lineup of local EV owners, the state’s first all-electric school bus, an EV ride-along, an electric bike demo, local dealership representatives, information about how you can get started with electric transportation of your own and much more.
If you already have an EV, make sure you bring it! We’ll have some charging stations available.
While you’re here, enjoy tasty grub from local food truck favorites and stick around for an outdoor showing of Back to the Future on the big screen. Please bring a chair, or be one of the first to pull up a vehicle for a drive-in experience.
Best of all – IT'S ALL FREE.
Check back in with our page as we unveil more details about the event – the food, the features and the fun. We’re excited to energize your drive!
5:30 p.m. – Event begins
• FREE food truck ticket for the first 200 guests
• Local EV showcase
• EV ride-along
• Electric mountain bike demo (Scheels)
• West Fargo Public Schools’ all-electric school bus
• Home charging incentive information
• Public charging information
• More to be announced!
8 p.m. – Movie begins (Back to the Future)
• FREE movie snacks provided before the showing!
• Food truck and informational vendor access will end at 8 p.m.
• Drive-in movie spots will be limited on a first come, first served basis beginning at 5:30 p.m. Bring your own chair for backup in the parking area – there will be no grassy space for blankets.
Movie parking and general event parking will be in the Minnkota Employee Lot (first turn heading west on 32nd Ave. S.). Enter the employee building entrance to register and receive your food truck ticket (Facebook/Eventbrite registration does not confirm a food ticket - must be among first 200 on-site attendees).
Thank you to our sponsors!
• Border States
• Lignite Energy Council
• Drive Electric North Dakota
• Rydell Chevrolet