National Drive Electric Week
San Diego, CA
Sep 14, 2019
|Day:||Saturday, September 14, 2019 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10:00am - 3:00pm|
Liberty Station Ingram Plaza
2751 Dewey Road
San Diego, CA 92106
- Approximately 3,300 people registered to attended and participated in this year’s event making it the largest crowd to attend EV Day in San Diego yet!
- The event registration system got an upgrade to a streamlined, electronic system that eliminated paper.
- Customers loved the shorter check-in process and how going paperless fit in with the event’s focus on sustainability.
- Keeping on theme with going green, food vendors incorporated sustainability into their menus and materials.
- The New Children’s Museum hosted an interactive exhibit and fun activities for the young and young at heart.
- The Ride & Drive portion of the event set another record! The event included 45 EVs and 14 different models leading to approximately 2,600 EV experiences.
- Two radio stations attended to cover the event and play music throughout the event.
- New EVs weren’t the only items finding new homes. A local dog rescue hosted an adoption booth and while it’s still early to tell the final results, at least one happy pup found a new home.
- EV Day included about 30 booths including local clean air and transportation partners in the community.
photo by: Lauren Radack Photography
EV Day 2019
Electric Vehicle Day - San Diego
A National Drive Electric Week Event
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Located at Liberty Station
National Drive Electric Week is a nation-wide celebration held annually in September. The event strives to increase awareness of the current automotive market’s battery electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, as well as the economic and environmental benefits of driving electric vehicles. In San Diego, SDG&E’s Clean Transportation team, in collaboration with Cleantech and Center for Sustainable Energy, will be hosting the 2019 San Diego Electric Vehicle Day, on September 14, as part of the National Drive Electric Week.
San Diego’s Electric Vehicle Day attracts thousands of attendees interested in exploring different models of EVs, vehicle incentives they can qualify for, and a hassle-free opportunity to learn more about the overall perks of driving electric. Attendees are strongly encouraged to test drive some of the many EV models currently on the market and experience firsthand the exhilaration felt behind the wheel of an EV. Visitors can also explore energy efficient and eco-friendly products and services, enjoy delicious food from our many vendors, have fun in the designated kid’s activity area, and even take an e-bike for a spin. Bring your whole family and come enjoy this FREE event in Liberty Station—don’t miss out!
There are currently 2866 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||121|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||55|
|Tesla Model S||38|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||19|
|Toyota Prius Prime||19|
|BMW i3 REx||18|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||16|
|Tesla Model X||16|
|Ford Fusion Energi||14|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||9|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||9|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||9|
|Audi A3 e-tron||8|
|Ford Focus Electric||7|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||7|
|Kia Soul EV||7|
|Chevy Spark EV||6|
|Hyundai KONA Electric||6|
|Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive||5|
|Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||5|
|Honda Clarity Battery Electric||2|
|Hyundai Sonata Plug-In||2|
|Kia Niro Electric||2|
|Mercedes-Benz S550 Plug-In Hybrid||2|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||2|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||2|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||2|
|BMW X5 iPerformance||1|
|C350E Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Honda Accord Plug-In||1|
|Honda Fit EV||1|
|Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Kia Optima Plug In||1|
|MINI Countryman Plug-In||1|
|Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid||1|
|Porsche Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid Executive||1|
|Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid AWD||1|
|Volvo XC90 AWD PHEV||1|
Registered attendees report 12,873,784 electric miles driven.