National Drive Electric Week
Sep 11, 2018
|Day:||Tuesday, September 11, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||6 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Location:||SAIT Green Building Technologies Parking Lot
60 Fowler Dr NW,
Calgary, AB T2M 0L4
EVAA and the Solar Energy Society of Alberta teamed up for a wonderful exchange of information. SESA had presentations about solar, EVAA members showed off their vehicles and spoke about the synergy of solar + EV.
photo by: EVAA Electric Vehicle Association of Alberta
Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt, converted Ford pickup truck
Want to generate your own electricity? You can run your house and your car with solar energy. Many Alberta homes and businesses are creating their own electricity and exporting the excess into the grid.
But now you can also power your car! A solar powered car has zero tailpipe emissions, zero source emissions and the cheapest fuel available. A solar system for transportation has an ROI of less than 5 years – much better than a house solar PV investment!
- Meet the Calgarians who are living in solar powered houses and driving solar powered cars now.
- Hear about the City of Calgary’s plans for encouraging clean transportation options.
- Dan Fox - Corporate Environmental Specialist with the City of Calgary
- Michael Subasic - President of the Electric Vehicle Association of Alberta
- Ed Ma - Solar Powered Residence and Electric Vehicle Owner
- Kai Fahrion - Solar Array and Electric Vehicle Charging Station Installer
There are currently 37 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Tesla Model S||2|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
|Volvo XC90 AWD PHEV||1|
Registered attendees report 360,300 electric miles driven.