National Drive Electric Week
Liberty Lake, WA
Sep 08, 2018
|Day:||Saturday, September 8, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||9 am to 1 pm|
|Location:||STA Parking Lot Liberty Lake
Liberty Lake, WA
This was the best event ever, the number of participants was great and EV driver's came across state to participate. Many rides took place and several leads where developed for the dealers to follow. Many participants even offered not just rides but also driving of their personal EV's. I promoted this event early 2017 and it became the second larges event in the state of Washington. Our Governor Jay Inslee, was invited and he was considering the drive across state to join us however he had to decline, other pressing issues came up. That being said, promotions has gone out to many groups including all local politician and candidates etc. City council member Dan Dunne did participate and will continue to represent us at City of Liberty Lake. Beside the National sponsors I like to honor our local sponsors. Spokane Transit Authority (providing the parking lot), Liberty Lake Farmers Market, City of Liberty Lake, Avista Utility (Lunch) and Solar Acres Farm (Coffee and Donuts). In addition I like to acknowledge the number of voluntaries that help out, 350 of Spokane, Lands Council, Fourth, EV drivers, thank you all.
photo by: Jorgen Rasmussen Solar Acres Farm
Commuter Cars Tango 600 main attraction National Drive Electric 2018, From the Left John Hansen drove his 2017 Bolt across state to participate this event, Rick Woodbury with his Tango 600 (his wife Alice brought her 2013 Tesla S) and Adam Snyder brought his new red Model 3 and let spectators drive it, very much appreciated, his wife Mandie Snyder brought her Blue Bolt, and to top it all off their son Derek dyed his hair blue to match his Mom's Blue Bolt.
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2022 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
Early 2018, Spokane Transit Authority opened up several charging stations, including, the Liberty Lake STA parking lot. Let's meet around those chargers as one group (not three groups as in 2017), rides in and out of the STA parking will be easy to manage and as always the Liberty Lake Farmers Market will be open for your enjoyment. For years now, with the sponsorship and collaboration from Liberty Lake Farmers Market, City of Liberty Lake, Avista and STA, let's make it a win-win for everybody.
Let's show the State of Washington, transportation can be electrified. Let's show the Nation, this can be done, register now.
Can we reach: (currently 30)
100 registered ?
1000 registered ?
2000 registered ?
bring electric buses, trucks and airplanes, make it happen
let's flood Liberty Lake with nothing but electric transportation
Spokane Transit Authority, Avista, EcoDepot, NextGen Electric, The Gonzaga Sustainability Office and The Lands Council are participating as sponsors and volunteers.
Join us, register your EV, even if you don't have an EV, register as a volunteer. We can use all the help we can get to promote driving electric. It is the future. Check the links below, lots of Facebook threads with information about the event. Tag your friends and ask them to register, make a road trip, make a vacation, make it happen, see you in a few weeks.
Aerial view of the event site
Green Area is the Farmers Market lots of food and people walking through.
Red Area allocated to National Drive Electric cars by Spokane Transit Authority.
West side of the parking lot will be used for parked EV's for show and tell.
The East side will be a single line of parked EV's ready to do rides following the yellow arrows in and out of the parking lot.
Canopy with hand out materials will be located across from the drive and ride area.
Your City Captain,
There are currently 90 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||10|
|Tesla Model 3||7|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||5|
|Kia Soul EV||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Chevy Spark EV||1|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
Registered attendees report 698,335 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Leading the charge: Inslee promotes an electric transportation future
- Then and now Agnes Mcdonald and the electric car
- Seattle Bolt owners
- Used EV's are killer deals by EAGLE CARS
- Front Page Spokesman, Electric-vehicle buzz is real by Nicholas Deshais
- Check out Salty Moses (Delbert Nord) "Borrowed Time" review, Del is bringing his Honda Clarity in September
- Do read Todd Blackman's response to "carbon tax" and sustainability.
- Jordan Pineapples just received news that Tesla will now begin solar operations in Washington!
- STA EXPECTED TO BRING ELECTRIC BUSES TO SPOKANE BY 2021
- Keep Current, Go Solar, Drive Electric, here is a list of solar installers in the inland northwest
- Christopher Jennings "I own a '13 Fiat 500e and 3 lights have came on. ABS, ESC, and RBS"
- 100% Clean Energy Lobby Day January 22 and 23 (This is when I picked up my tractor)
- John Hansen and his "I reserved a roadster yesterday" Face Book Post
- SUV, Pickup, Tesla Semi, group Face Book Post
- Northwest Tesla Owners Face Book Post
- BMW i3 World Wide Group Face Book Post
- Elec-Trak garden tractor fan club Face Book Post, I need it haled to the event
- Inland NW Tesla Owner's Group Face Book Post
- Inland Northwest Sustainable Energy Group Face Book Post
- Seattle Nissan LEAF Owners Face Book Post