National Drive Electric Week
Sep 09, 2017
|Saturday, September 9, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.
|11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
|Hastings Public Library
227 East State Street
Hastings, MI 49058
A big THANK YOU to Hastings Public Library Director BARBARA HAYWOOD for inviting us to bring the Drive Electric Week celebration to Hastings and for doing such a fantastic job of organizing the event and getting it publicized! The community's local papers - the Hastings Banner and the Reminder - helped get the word out. WBCH 100.1 FM plugged us on the air and on their website.
Thanks to all the local excitement about electric cars, we've heard that the city is considering installing charging stations! Thanks, Hastings, for giving us the opportunity to share our electric car excitement - and for your enthusiastic response!
photo by: Paul Pancella of Kalamazoo Electric Vehicle Association
From left to right: Bruce Brown's 2015 Nissan Leaf, Ben Brown's 2010 Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Paul Pancella's 2013 Nissan Leaf.
Sierra Club Southwest Michigan Group and Kalamazoo Electric Vehicle Association will celebrate National Drive Electric Week 2017 with three big Southwest Michigan events September 9 through 17.
Be in Hastings Saturday, September 9, to see why the whole wide world is joining the inevitable transition from gasoline-powered transportation to electric.
If you haven't been plugging your car in and driving on electricity, you're paying way too much for fuel and for routine maintenance. And you're missing out on all the clean, quiet power. And you're not having enough fun! Electric car owners are treating the planet and themselves better!
Join us at 11:00 AM Saturday, September 9, at Hastings Public Library, 227 East State Street, for a special presentation on why electric cars are right for the planet and right for you!
Then take a FREE DEMONSTRATION RIDE!
If you can't be in Hastings on Saturday, September 9, maybe you can make it to one of our other celebrations.
South Haven Memorial Library
On Monday, September 11, 5:00 PM, at South Haven Memorial Library, 314 Broadway, KEVA members Paul Pancella and Mike Walenga will explain why electric car ownership makes sense for you. FREE highway-capable electric vehicle rides will follow the presentation.
Western Michigan University.
We'll be at WMU's physical plant parking lot, 425 Stadium Drive, Kalamazoo, Wednesday September 13 at 5:00 PM.
Come to any or all three of our events to get in on all the electric-car excitement!
Support the transition to plug-in electric vehicles.
Please sign the Plug In America petition. Send this message to our elected leaders: "You have the power to support smart policies for EVs at the federal level. I urge you to support innovation and the future of transportation!"
This was the scene at last year's Kalamazoo electric vehicle demonstration.
the global fight against climate change depends on speeding the
transition to clean energy. The transition begins at home, and everyone
has a role. You can make an enormous difference by switching to clean,
emission-free driving. Come learn how easy it will be for you to make
the switch, and how much money you'll save on maintenance and fuel, and
how much fun you'll have driving past the gas stations in your electric
Guaranteed - you'll LOVE leading your family, your friends, and your neighbors in the clean-energy transition when you switch to emission-free driving!
National Drive Electric Week, September 9-17, 2017, is a nationwide celebration presented by national sponsors Plug In America, the Electric Auto Association and the Sierra Club to heighten awareness of today's widespread availability of plug-in vehicles and highlight the benefits of all-electric and plug-in hybrid-electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more. They are fun to drive, are less expensive and more convenient to fuel than gasoline vehicles, are better for the environment, promote local jobs, and reduce our dependence on foreign oil.
Are you considering going electric? Come talk to owners who already have and LOVE it!
There are currently 23 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)
|BMW i3 REx
|Ford C-MAX Energi
|Tesla Model S
Registered attendees report 283,360 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Drive Electric Week Shows How Electric Cars Have Changed
- Fresh Energy: Electric Cars & Buses
- National Drive Electric Week Test Drive Event – Hastings
- How our plug-in electric car changed our life
- Going Backwards — Driving A Gas Car For 1 Day After 2 Years In A Nissan LEAF
- National Drive Electric Week Event - Battle Creek Enquirer
- Unlocking Savings, Emissions Reductions, and Community Benefits of Electric Vehicles
- Electric Vehicles for All: An Equity Toolkit
- Electric Cars Need a Boost. Electric Utilities Can Provide It.
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle Cost-Benefit Analysis: Michigan
- Electric Cars: Defining Battery-Electrics, Plug-In Hybrids, Range-Extended & More
- Ford could go ‘all-in’ on all-electric vehicles under new leadership
- Facebook Event page - Electric Car Presentation & Demo Drives
- Electric Vehicle Guide
- National Drive Electric Week presentation and demonstration rides coming to Hastings September 9.
- A Celebration! Drive Electric Week 2017
- Kalamazoo Drive Electric Week 2017
- National Drive Electric Week in Southwest Michigan Needs You!
- Electric vehicle event to be in Hastings September 9
- How much does it cost to charge an electric car with solar power?
- Record Number of Cities To Take Part in 7th Annual National Drive Electric Week
- Hey Mr. Green! What's Greener, an EV or My Geo Metro?