National Drive Electric Week
Cincinnati • Sep 09, 2017
|Day:||Saturday, September 9, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10am to 3pm|
Tri County Mall
We had a great time at our 2nd Annual NDEW event in Cincinnati! Many test rides and drives were provided.
BMW North of Cincinnati and Jake Sweeney Chevrolet were busy giving almost continuous test drives in the BMW i3, i8, 530e and Chevy Bolt.
Many local EV owners also brought their cars and motorcycles to proudly show off, with several offering ride and drives in the Leaf, Volt, Model S and Model X. We also had a Cadillac ER, Toyota Plug-in Prius, and a Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
The Mitsubishi owner showed how the car could be used to power an electric grill to cook hamburgers, and passed out free hotdogs to anyone who would sign the Sierra Club Petition! We also had a few other very special EV attractions:
The local Workhorse Group made the Cincinnati debut of the first electric pickup truck ever built from the ground up, the hybrid W-15. Two local news stations were on hand to do stories about the truck.
The Garage OTR brought multiple electric Segways, bicycles and scooters for people to try out, providing a lot of fun and entertainment!
photo by: Susan McCullough
The Workhorse W-15 Pickup Truck, the worlds first electric pickup built from the ground up. At the rear of the truck are John Willig of Workhorse, WLWT reporter Richard Chiles, and Mike Detkas of Workhorse. At the front of the W-15 is Tony Bort of Workhorse, with a WLWT cameraman.
Please register your vehicle on the website.
There are currently 92 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||5|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||3|
|Tesla Model X||2|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
Registered attendees report 551,086 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- How much electric-car range is 'enough'? 300 miles much better than 200 miles: survey
- Chevy Bolt EV vs Tesla's Model 3, Model S: CNET, Consumer Reports compare electric cars
- China's electric-car sales now twice those in US for Jan-June 2017
- Tesla Model S durability: cars with 250K and 300K miles still humming along happily
- Nine things you should know about the 2018 Nissan Leaf electric car
- 2012 Chevy Volt has now crossed 400,000 miles, range remains steady
- Workhorse to Exhibit W-15 Electric Pickup Truck at the National Drive Electric Week™ Event in Cincinnati September 9
- Climate change worse, faster than projected, scientists tell Trump in leaked report
- Zero Motorcycles
- Alpha Baking doubling its electric truck fleet
- Workhorse Unveils It's Plug-In Hybrid Pickup Truck
- To honor Energy Week, lease an electric car: 10 lessons from new EV driver
- Electric Car Price Guide: every 2017 all-electric car, with specs (updated)
- Plug-in hybrid price guide: every 2017 model, with specs
- Drive a Chevy Bolt EV electric car 313 miles on a charge: here's how
- First impressions of Chevy Bolt EV by Nissan Leaf driver
- Tesla trucks: semi to be shown in Sept, pickup in 18-24 months
- Electric-car charging networks spin out, merge, and go global
- Audi e-tron Sportback Concept: full electic-car details, photos from Shanghai auto show
- VW Electrify America plan for electric-car charging across U.S. released
- Nissan, EVgo add Boston-to-DC fast chargers; BMW adds charging to national parks
- Future Volvo electric car to be built in China
- Tesla to double global Supercharger fast-charging network this year, it says
- Tesla Model S battery life: what the data show so far
- Electric car charging: the basics you need to know (updated)
- 2018 Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid carries over with few changes (updated)
- The very first electric pickup truck has arrived — and it could take on Ford one day
- We Drive Workhorse’s Electric Pickup; Ryder Signs Up to Support It (Car and Driver
- PARIS: SureFly debuts personal helicopter
- Workhorse W-15 range-extended electric pickup truck revealed (video)
- Life with Tesla Model S: out with the old, in with the new
- 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf: first drive of updated 125-mile electric car
- This family has two Chevy Bolt EV electric cars, uses no gas at all
- 2017 electric motorcycle buyers guide
- Chevy Bolt EV costs $28,700 to build, Tesla Model 3 a bit higher: analysis
- Nissan electric SUV to be shown as concept car this year
- Tesla extends free Supercharger use to all current owners
- BMW i3 REx: owner's 3 years with range-extended electric car
- Subaru plans for all-electric versions of existing model lines
- 2018 Nissan Leaf electric car: first teaser photo (headlights!) emerges
- Lots of ways to get $10K off 2017 Nissan Leaf electric car by end of June
- South's good ol' boy drag racers whupped by Tesla, not happy about it
- 2017 Chevy Bolt EV electric car at 6 months: owner's likes, recommendations
- Plug-in electric car sales in Canada, May 2017: what dominance looks like
- Car buyers have no idea electric-car charging stations even exist
- Electric cars cleaner than any gas-only car for 97 percent of U.S. drivers
- Musk shows Tesla Model Y teaser, confirms Model 3 deliveries next month, at annual meeting
- Chevy Bolt EV: nationwide sales moved up to August for electric car
- Tesla Model X gets uniform 5-star safety ratings from NHTSA, first SUV to do so
- European electric and plug-in hybrid sales for Jan-April 2017