National Drive Electric Week
Sep 13, 2017
|Day:||Wednesday, September 13, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
IT GETS BIGGER EVERY YEAR!
About twice as many EVs and twice as many interested people flocked to this year's Kalamazoo drive-and-ride as we had for our first event in 2015. We also branched out this year, answering calls from folks in Hastings and South Haven to come show them what this growing electric-car excitement is all about.
The news media is taking notice, too! A few days before we kicked off National Drive Electric Week with our drive-and-ride in Hastings, Rebecca Thiele of WMUK radio interviewed Ben Brown. Then Jim France of South Haven appeared with Ben on WWMT Newschannel 3's Lori Moore Show. At our drive-and-ride next to Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo on Wednesday, Ben got interviewed again. So did Mike Walenga of the Kalamazoo Electric Vehicle Association.
Special thanks to Barbara Haywood at the Hastings Library and to Jim France at the South Haven Library for inviting us and for doing such a fantastic job organizing and publicizing! Thanks also to Western Michigan University's Office for Sustainabilty for their help in promoting our work.
photo by: Bruce Brown for Sierra Club Southwest Michigan Group
This photo shows less than a quarter of the vehicles that took part in our Kalamazoo demo rides. In this shot are two Teslas, a Chevy Bolt, a Chevy Volt, two or three Nissan Leafs and, down at the far end, three Zero Motorcycles.
The event is pending. Please visit the Attend page to find other National Drive Electric Week events.
In the News…
- Drive Electric Week Shows How Electric Cars Have Changed
- Fresh Energy: Electric Cars & Buses
- How our plug-in electric car changed our life
- Going Backwards — Driving A Gas Car For 1 Day After 2 Years In A Nissan LEAF
- Electric Vehicles for All: An Equity Toolkit
- Unlocking Savings, Emissions Reductions, and Community Benefits of Electric Vehicles
- Electric Cars Need a Boost. Electric Utilities Can Provide It.
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle Cost-Benefit Analysis: Michigan
- Electric Cars: Defining Battery-Electrics, Plug-In Hybrids, Range-Extended & More
- Ford could go ‘all-in’ on all-electric vehicles under new leadership
- Electric Vehicle Guide
- Free electric car ride & drive demonstrations at WMU September 13
- Hey Mr. Green! What's Greener, an EV or My Geo Metro?
- Record Number of Cities To Take Part in 7th Annual National Drive Electric Week
- How much does it cost to charge an electric car with solar power?
- Electric vehicle event to be in Hastings September 9
- National Drive Electric Week in Southwest Michigan Needs You!
- Kalamazoo Drive Electric Week 2017
- A Celebration! Drive Electric Week 2017