National Drive Electric Week Event - Asheville
|Day:||Sunday, September 10, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
800 Brevard Road
Asheville, NC 28806
We had a great event in Asheville, NC with at least 800 people who stopped by and talked about EVs. This year we focused on display rather than rides, hence the low number of rides given. However, attendees were really interested in the type of EV's out there. Many said they were going to buy an electric car within the month.... In addition we had music, a trivia contest and prizes. This was probably the best event we have had in Asheville and people are now expecting from us every year. Some special features about our event:
Model X pulling a solar powered camper.
Sundance Solar array charging electric cars off grid.
UNC-Asheville SAE electric race car built from scratch.
Model X's dance of the wing doors.
EV truck conversion built by a 10th grader...
Here are some pictures:
and a video:
photo by: Blue Ridge EV Club
A collage of some photos from the event. In the picture there is a Model X with a solarized camper, a Bolt, Roadster and an electric bicycle. Also shown is a Leaf charging from an off grid solar system.
- Owners & Dealer cars on display including the 238-mile range Chevy Bolt, Toyota Prius Prime, Tesla Model X, Kia Optima PHEV, Ford C Max Energi, Mercedes B Class, Nissan Leaf, Kia Soul EV, Tesla Model S, Mitsubishi I Miev, Chevy Volt and more ...
- Electric vehicle charging station demonstrations
- Get answers to all your questions about Electric Cars: costs, range, charging and more!
- Meet members of the Blue Ridge Electric Vehicle Club
- Get the latest on the ALL NEW redesigned NISSAN LEAF!
- Test ride e-bikes from Motion Makers.
- EV Trivia contest with prizes to be won!
Presented by Plug In America, Sierra Club and the Electric Auto Association, National Drive Electric Week, September 9-17, 2017, is a nationwide celebration to heighten awareness of today's widespread availability of plug-in vehicles and highlight the benefits of all-electric and plug-in hybrid-electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more. They are fun to drive, are less expensive and more convenient to fuel than gasoline vehicles, are better for the environment, promote local jobs, and reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Are you considering going electric? Come talk to owners who have successfully done so.
There are currently 105 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model X||4|
|BMW i3 REx||3|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||2|
|Tesla Model S||2|
|BMW X5 iPerformance||1|
|Kia Optima Plug In||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
Registered attendees report 363,864 electric miles driven.
In the News…