National Drive Electric Week Event - Pittsburgh
|Day:||Saturday, September 16, 2017|
|Time:||10 AM - 2 PM|
6450 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
This year's event will be held at Bakery Square! Still working on the logistics. If you have an electric car, there are 12 ChargePoint charging stations in the garage. It's free to charge and park (for 3 hours) but you will need a ChargePoint card or the ChargePoint mobile app to active your charging session. http://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/join/
Stay tuned for updates!
Come on over to check out the Electric Vehicle
Display by Owners, and local EV Retailers. This is an informational and educational event, not a sales event. Test drive, or take a ride in an Electric Car. Get information about Electric Cars, and how to charge em' up. If you know nothing about Electric Cars, want to reduce your carbon emissions by not buying gas, this event is for you! Learn how driving an EV is more fun, easy to charge, with less maintenance than an internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle!
EV Ice Cream Cruise - Bicycle Heaven to Klavon's Ice Cream Parlor, Pittsburgh, July 1st, 2017. Fiat 500E owner shipped his car in from California! A delicious time was had by all!
Heinz History Center, July 10th, 2017 - The Next Generation of Transportation EVent - Rides and drives were part of the 2017 Pittsburgh Energy Forum Series!
The Allegheny SolarFest, June 25th, 2017 - Lots of electric cars on display - encouraging everyone to drive on sunshine!
Tweet #NDEW2017 Follow @NatDriveElecWk Tweet
There are currently 30 attendees registered.
Expected Plug-In Vehicles
|Tesla Model S||4|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Hyundai Sonata Plug-In||1|
Registered attendees report 245,918 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- The Problem With Electric Cars? Not Enough Chargers
- Toyota and Mazda link up to build $1.6 billion U.S. plant, develop electric cars
- Autocrossing a Fiat 500e electric car for first, maybe last, time
- Electrification will follow autonomous
- Tesla Model 3 performance version is coming next year, says Elon Musk
- 2018 Nissan Leaf caught without camouflage in ad shoot
- 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Long-Term Update 2: The Braking Test
- My next car is electrified, says Shell CEO
- Tesla plans to disconnect ‘almost all’ Superchargers from the grid and go solar+battery, says Elon Musk
- Pitts Stop: First Electric Pickup Truck Already Has Wait List
- Nissan next-gen Leaf has ‘e-Pedal’ feature for one-pedal driving with regenerative braking
- Are consumers ready to hit the gas on electric cars?
- The Bollinger B1 is an all-electric truck with 360 horsepower and up to 200 miles of range
- Next GM EV To Be Bolt-Based Buick Crossover
- VW starts building its massive EV charging network under ‘Electrify America’
- National Drive Electric Week Pittsburgh - on Facebook!
- 2016’s Largest Environmental Mass Mobilization — National Drive Electric Week