National Drive Electric Week Event - Poolesville
|Day:||Saturday, September 16, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Poolesville Parking Lot at Rt 109 and Rt 107 (Anytime Fitness Parking lot across from Basset's Restaurant)
19950 Fisher Ave
Poolesville, MD 20837
Poolesville Green’s 2017 National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) Poolesville Day Electric Vehicle Show was a huge success again this year! This was the 2nd year in a row the Poolesville event had the most Electric and Plugin Electric Hybrid Vehicles (EV/PHEV) registered on the east coast. Our EV show was the 3rd largest NDEW event out of 288 events worldwide. Poolesville Green partnered with the Town of Poolesville to bring this event to the Maryland/DC/Virginia area. We had major help and support from local organizations, MD Volt and One Montgomery and others like EVADC.
We had over 120 Electric and Plugin Electric Hybrid Vehicles (EV/PHEV) come out and enjoyed the day. The event featured mostly EV owners, volunteering their time to help educate the public about what it is like to really own an Electric or Plugin Electric Hybrid Vehicle. Visitors were encouraged to talk to owners and test drive or ride many of the cars. Manufacturers and local dealerships also participated from Tesla, Sheehy Ford, DARCARS Nissan Rockville, Criswell Chevy, and more.
Visitors learned what the real facts and what are the myths about EVs. They saw the different makes and models and what are the advantages and disadvantages of both. Also, the Classic Car Show returned this year and was co-located with the National Drive Electric Week show. We had the countries first Police Chevy Bolt (from City of Hyattsville Police Department). Miss Kitty, the Hello Kitty Smart EV car was also on static display at the Poolesville Green booth in the middle of all the Poolesville Day action on Fisher Ave.
photo by: Poolesville.Green - JD Taylor
The countries first Police Chevy Bolt from the City of Hyattsville Police Department
2017 National Drive Electric Week Poolesville Day
WOW! We had a mind-blowing, record-breaking 2016 event!
Photo Credit: Town of Poolesville
- If you are bringing more than 2 vehicles (many dealerships do), please try to register each, but you will need to use a different email for each. If that is a problem, leave who you are or are with and how many vehicles you expect to bring. This helps in our event planning.
- Anyone interested in getting event up dates and changes.
- Plug-In Electric and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Car Owners who love to show off their vehicles and to share with others: The more the merrier. (Free event shirts and other goodies for Registered Vehicle Owners/Dealerships, first come, first served, while supplies last)
- Sponsors: We need sponsors to help make this the best NDEW event ever.
- Media: Please help us get the word out!
- Volunteers: We need the help :)
- ALL (Note: Only Sponsors, Volunteers, and EV PHEV Car owners will get a FREE T-Shirts, but all can reserve one (price $18 donation).
- Registering Multiple Vehicles: Bringing more than 1 Electric/Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle? Please register each (Note: Each registration will have to have its own email address, otherwise it will overwrite your 1st registration )
- You will be notified of any changes, additions, headliners and of any related EV events,
- Registration helps us plan the event and to arrange for the correct number of T-Shirts and give-a-ways (Free to Registered Vehicle Owners/Dealerships). Note, our t-shirt order went in on 8/23/17. We have limited sizes/quantities available. First come, first served, while supplies last.
- So please help us help you, EV owner or not, register here and now.
- Not sure if you can make it? Register now anyway! We can remove your name later if you find cannot attend (just send me a note).
- Showing early interest helps media and sponsors to gauge and encourage their participation.
- Click the blue register button at the top of this page and you'll be entered to win a chance at a $250 gift card.
We are a non-profit and really need your help (note: donations are not required to participate). We are looking for sponsors (as little as $20 dollars on up). A fairly standard donation with the most of the benefits starts at $200. Early donations of $200 or more will get your logo added to our event T-Shirts. The sooner you sponsor, the more your logos will show up on our web sites, flyers and other event media. Donations can be made through our website: http://poolesville.green/support-us/ (Click on "Donate Now"). Donations can also be made in terms of a valued gift to be used in drawings and raffles to our drivers and to our guest at the event. Contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page) to make arrangements for pickup or delivery of those types of donations. Also early sponsor will get first dibs at possible tent (10X10) and table setups. Register here to get the latest updates through our EV event email list and/or contact me direct (click the blue contact button at top of this page).
Contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page) for info or to make special arrangements. Register here to get the latest updates. We can plan a "media day" prior to the event day, make arrangements. Check out prior years events at Poolesville Green.
2017 Event Sponsors:
Become a Sponsor or Donor for our 2017 event at http://Poolesville.Green/support-us/ (and/or click on "Contact" the organizers for this event near the top of this page).
There are currently 303 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||23|
|Tesla Model X||11|
|BMW i3 REx||5|
|Ford Fusion Energi||4|
|Chevy Spark EV||3|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||2|
|Ford Focus Electric||2|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Honda Fit EV||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
Registered attendees report 2,669,202 electric miles driven.
In the News…