National Drive Electric Week - Cincinnati
|Day:||Saturday, September 17, 2016 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10am to 3pm|
Tri County Mall Parking Lot
11700 Princeton Pike
Cincinnati, OH 45246
Workhorse Group was awarded an Environmental Leadership Award at the first ever National Drive Electric Week event held in Cincinnati on Sept 17th.
The award was given in Recognition of their Contribution to Sustainable Transportation.
They have developed an extremely energy efficient and reliable electric drive train for class 3 to 6 truck chassis, which they are now in the process of delivering to customers like UPS, FedEx and Alpha Baking. They are also now finalists to replace the USPS fleet.
The drive train is setting a new standard for energy efficiency and emission control for the trucking industry. It will undoubtedly be of great benefit for the environment.
It replaces the extremely energy inefficient, air polluting, green house gas emitting diesel and gas powered drive trains currently in common use.
This award was recently established in honor of Sister Paula Gonzales, a Sister of Charity, and former Professor of Biology at Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati.
photo by: Tim Severyn
Pat McCullough, City Captain presenting award to Don Wires, Chief Engineer Workhorse
There are currently 84 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||6|
|Tesla Model S||3|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
Registered attendees report 368,976 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Free and fun events: Sept. 16-18
- Landmark CA climate bill could have wide effects on cars, energy
- Cleaner Cars from Cradle to Grave How Electric Cars Beat Gasoline Cars on Lifetime Global Warming Emissions
- At A Glance: Electric-Drive Vehicles - Clean Cities, US Department of Energy
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle Handbook - Clean Cities, US Department of Energy
- Laudato Si by Pope Francis
- Free Parking For All-Electric Vehicles in Cincinnati
- Master Plan, Part Deux Elon Musk July 20, 2016
- Duke Energy's $1.5 million program aims to increase public electric vehicle charging in N.C. by 30 percent
- This is Obama’s plan to line the country’s roads with electric vehicle chargers
- Plug-in Electric Vehicles: Types, Charging, FAQs by Duke Energy
- American Lung Association Reacts to Proposed Volkswagen Settlement
- Ford CEO Mark Fields confirms 200-mile electric car coming (updated)
- 2016 Mitsubishi i-MiEV: Drive Report Of 62-Mile Electric Minicar
- 2017 BMW i3: up to 114 miles of range from 50-percent battery increase
- Cincinnati Air Quality a Mixed Bag, Finds 2016 'State of the Air' Report
- 2016 'State of the Air' Report Finds More than Half of Americans Live with Unhealthful Levels of Air Pollution
- World Health Organization: Outdoor Air Pollution Causes Cancer
- The Connection between Lung Cancer and Outdoor Air Pollution
- How GM plans to market Chevy Volt plug-in hybrid, Bolt EV electric car
- Durable 2012 Chevrolet Volt: 300,000 miles, no battery loss
- 2017 Chevy Volt: what GM is doing differently this time
- Nissan and Renault together now up to 340,000 electric cars built
- Electric cars a key part of climate-action plans in Ontario, Quebec
- Nissan Leaf electric vs Toyota Prius hybrid: which is lower on cost, emissions?
- Next Nissan Leaf confirmed for 60-kwh battery, 200 miles of range
- BMW electric-car batteries to be used as home energy-storage devices
- BMW i8 prototype to drop engine, go all-electric: report
- UPS Unveils Updated Hybrid Electric Fleet To Extend Range
- BMW tech powering US delivery trucks
- Tesla Autopilot crash: what one Model S owner has to say
- THE 100 PERCENT CLEAN ENERGY ECONOMY IS CLOSER THAN YOU THINK
- Ready for 100 campaign.
- EU Covenant of Mayors and Compact of Mayors launch largest global coalition of cities committed to fighting climate change