National Drive Electric Week - Boulder
|Day:||Wednesday, September 16, 2015 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||4:00 - 7:00 PM|
Boulder Farmers Market
1350 Canyon Blvd.
Boulder, CO 80302
The Boulder event (the 3rd annual) logged about 295 attendees. We have placed our event for two years next to a popular Wednesday night Farmer' Market, so people are walking through our parking lot to get to and from the market. That is a huge help in drawing people to the event, since we have not spent money on advertising, just some social media and local calendar listings. We did have the local paper print, the Saturday before the event, details on all events in the County happening for NDEW. We had no city council members take us up on the opportunity to speak, unfortunately. We got great feedback from the OEMs (Tesla, Nissan, BMW, and a Boulder dealer in used EVs) and the e-bicycles rep. There were 19 private vehicles on display. We paid one person to oversee most logistics, and to design and print flyers. We could have benefited from more outreach in e-newsletters, more social media, and some paid advertising. Overall, a great event to expose more people to EVs.
photo by: Sheble McConnellogue, Northern Colorado Clean Cities
AAA Colorado EV Charging Van (Level II) - the first and only in the state of Colorado!
Boulder's 3rd Annual National Drive Electric Week Event
Wednesday, September 16, 4:00-7:00 pm
(in parking lot East of Boulder Farmer's Market food court)
Come to Wednesday Night Farmer's Market and:
- Test drive new and used electric vehicles (EVs) from local car dealerships
- Visit with local EV owners and their cars to learn why they love driving electric!
- Learn about Workplace Charging in Boulder County (& why employers offer it)
- Hear from City of Boulder about EV initiatives and incentives
- See the AAA Emergency Charging Service Van
- Enjoy food and music at the nation's Best Farmer's Market (USA Today's 2015 ranking)
The 2015 EV Expo is expected to include a variety of models for public test driving by local dealerships, including: Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf, BMW i3, Toyota RAV4E, and the Fiat500E. You'll also experience e-bicycles and the AAA Colorado Mobile Charging Truck.
Boulder County Related Links:
- City of Boulder Public Charging Station Map & More
- EV Owners of Colorado Facebook Page
- Longmont's Public Charging Stations
There are currently 109 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||10|
|Tesla Model S||4|
|BMW i3 REx||2|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
Registered attendees report 345,282 electric miles driven.
In the News…