National Drive Electric Week
Drive Electric Livonia
Oct 01, 2022
|Day:||Saturday, October 1, 2022 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT|
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
"Drive Electric Livonia"
"Drive Electric Livonia was hosted by the Greenleaf Commission on Sustainability at Schoolcraft College on October 1, 2022. This is the second year that the City of Livonia, Michigan has hosted a National Drive Electric Livonia event.
- There were 20 + electric vehicles on display, including Tesla Models 3, Y and S; Chevrolet Models Bolt and Volt; Ford Mustang Mach-E; Porsche Taykan; Kia Models Niro and EV6; Jeep Wrangler 4xe; Nissan Leaf, and several electric bikes.
- The ~ 50 event participants included Michigan State Senator Dayna Polehanki.
- Electric vehicle "test rides" were offered to event participants this year. "Drive Electric Livonia" participants has the opportunity to take a test ride in a Chevrolet Bolt and Tesla Model 3 over a one mile route on the Schoolcraft College campus.
- "Drive Electric Livonia" participants enjoyed the event and the opportunity to take a test ride in an electric vehicle (for many participants this was their first ride in an electric vehicle). Social media comments on the event are included below:
- "Good job Greenleaf Sustainability Commission on bringing and keeping this opportunity on the front burner in Livonia, for discussion and for implementation. Well done."
- "Thoroughly enjoyed the electric event, very informative."
- "Great event!"
- "It was very informative. Talking to actual owners was a great way to dispel a lot of misinformation out there."
- A number of attendees expressed their gratitude to the electric vehicle owners for their participation in this event and to the Greenleaf commissioners for organizing "Drive Electric Livonia".
- Consumers Energy and DTE Energy provided EV charging station product and rebate information for this event.
- Thank you to the National Drive Electric Week organizers for supporting our event. See you next year!
photo by: Nicole Mehelich - Greenleaf Commission on Sustainability | City of Livonia, Michigan
Sharing electric vehicle experiences on a beautiful October morning at "Drive Electric Livonia"!
There are currently 81 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||6|
|Kia Niro Electric||2|
|Tesla Model Y||2|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||1|
|Jeep Wrangler 4xe||1|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Toyota RAV4 Prime 4WD||1|
Registered attendees report 568,880 electric miles driven.