National Drive Electric Week
Salinas Electric Vehicle Ride, Drive & Display Show
Oct 02, 2022
|Day:||Sunday, October 2, 2022 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||11:00 am - 4:00 pm PDT|
|Location:||Salinas Amtrak Station
11 Station Place
Salinas, CA 93901
Event ReportThe Salinas EV Ride and Drive Event was a huge success! Highlights from the event include:
80 Test Drives hosted by the following dealers: Salinas Valley Ford, BMW of Monterey, Polestar San Jose, My Chevrolet, Cypress Coast Subaru. and EV Owners, Michael and Elizabeth Saint, providing test drives in their very own Tesla and Volt. In addition, Ecology Action, provided test drives in their VW ID.4.
TrajectoryEV was onsite with gas cars that have been refurbished to all-battery electric vehicles. Attendees were able to sign up to take a ride in a re-imagined classic 1968 VW Sand Rail and the extremely rare 1998 FACTORY Ford Ranger Electric. Their 1995 Suzuki Sidekick was also on display and driven around the event to show attendees just how quiet it is!
EV OWNER DISPLAY CARS
17 EV Owners attended the event and brought their cars for display. Including e-motorcycle owners, Morgan Vetter and friends.
E-BIKE TEST RIDES
REI of Marina and Bike Dash of Monterey were on hand with the newest e-bike models and provided e-bike test rides.
The Kids Zone was hosted by Fuse Learning and there was also a passport activity for kids and adults. Kids received bike lights and helmets and adults were entered for a chance to win a new Bliss e-bike.
15 community based organizations attended and provided interactive activities to engage with attendees.
We thank our sponsors: Ecology Action, Monterey Bay Air Resources District, Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce, General Motors, PG&E, Access Clean California, and Veloz/Electric For All.
photo by: Sabrina Delk from Ecology Action
EV Owner Display Cars
One of the best ways to learn about electric vehicles involves talking to others who already drive one and getting behind the wheel of one yourself. That’s exactly the opportunity you’ll get at the Salinas Ride and Drive Event. We'll have not one, but several EV models available for test drives, including the Polestar 2.
Electric vehicle owners will be on hand with their personal cars to answer questions while promoting electric vehicle awareness, technology, affordability, and other benefits. The wide selection of electric cars and motorcycles that will be on display, provides everyone with an up-close look at these fun vehicles that are better for the environment and cheaper to maintain than conventional gas-powered cars.
The Salinas Ride and Drive event is family friendly, open to the public, and FREE. It will offer a number of exciting activities to let adults and kids learn, connect, and experience electric transportation.
Event highlights include:
- Test Drives: Test drive one, two, or more electric vehicles, all in one location!
- Electric Vehicle Showcase: This event will showcase up to 20 cars and motorcycles, with EV owners on hand to share their driving experiences and answer your questions on charging, range, maintenance, and vehicle prices.
- e-bike test rides: Jump on and test ride an e-bike.
- Electrification Passport Activity to Earn Prizes: Kids and adults can build knowledge while earning passport stamps from talking with community exhibitors or participating in an activity. Kids who participate will receive a free bike helmet or bike light (while supplies last). Adults who participate will be entered for a chance to win a NEW Electric Bike.
- Kids Fun Zone: Hosted by FUSE Learning, the Kids' Fun Zone will offer Mission Z activities, including solar-powered electric car races, art drawings, and Mission Z button making.
- Bring Your Questions to the Resource Center: Common questions include: How far can an electric vehicle go? How much do these cars cost? What financial incentives are available? How do I charge it up? How much does it cost to charge up a car? Would I be better off with a full-electric or a plug-in hybrid. Get your questions answered and learn how to get free EV Purchase Guidance Assistance.
- Connect with local community organizations: Environmentally friendly local organization will be on site exhibiting and sharing their organization's services that benefit the community.
- Sabor Latin Fusion Food Truck: Try one of the best tacos in Salinas! Food available for purchase.
- Play fun learning games for a chance to win prizes!
EV Owners: We welcome you to bring your car for display and share your EV knowledge with attendees. Please sign up through the Volunteer portal or Contact Sabrina Delk at email@example.com.
There are currently 69 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Chevrolet Bolt EUV||1|
|Hyundai KONA Electric||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model 3||1|
|Tesla Model Y||1|
Registered attendees report 177,200 electric miles driven.