National Drive Electric Week
Salinas Electric Vehicle Ride, Drive & Display Show
Oct 02, 2022
|Day:||Sunday, October 2, 2022|
|Time:||11:00 am - 4:00 pm PDT|
|Location:||Salinas Amtrak Station
11 Station Place
Salinas, CA 93901
One of the best ways to learn about electric vehicles involves talking to others who already drive one and getting behind the wheel of one yourself. That’s exactly the opportunity you’ll get at the Salinas Ride and Drive Event. We'll have not one, but several EV models available for test drives, including the Polestar 2.
Electric vehicle owners will be on hand with their personal cars to answer questions while promoting electric vehicle awareness, technology, affordability, and other benefits. The wide selection of electric cars and motorcycles that will be on display, provides everyone with an up-close look at these fun vehicles that are better for the environment and cheaper to maintain than conventional gas-powered cars.
The Salinas Ride and Drive event is family friendly, open to the public, and FREE. It will offer a number of exciting activities to let adults and kids learn, connect, and experience electric transportation.
Event highlights include:
- Test Drives: Test drive one, two, or more electric vehicles, all in one location!
- Electric Vehicle Showcase: This event will showcase up to 20 cars and motorcycles, with EV owners on hand to share their driving experiences and answer your questions on charging, range, maintenance, and vehicle prices.
- e-bike test rides: Jump on and test ride an e-bike.
- Electrification Passport Activity to Earn Prizes: Kids and adults can build knowledge while earning passport stamps from talking with community exhibitors or participating in an activity. Kids who participate will receive a free bike helmet or bike light (while supplies last). Adults who participate will be entered for a chance to win a NEW Electric Bike.
- Kids Fun Zone: Hosted by FUSE Learning, the Kids' Fun Zone will offer Mission Z activities, including solar-powered electric car races, art drawings, and Mission Z button making.
- Bring Your Questions to the Resource Center: Common questions include: How far can an electric vehicle go? How much do these cars cost? What financial incentives are available? How do I charge it up? How much does it cost to charge up a car? Would I be better off with a full-electric or a plug-in hybrid. Get your questions answered and learn how to get free EV Purchase Guidance Assistance.
- Connect with local community organizations: Environmentally friendly local organization will be on site exhibiting and sharing their organization's services that benefit the community.
- Sabor Latin Fusion Food Truck: Try one of the best tacos in Salinas! Food available for purchase.
- Play fun learning games for a chance to win prizes!
EV Owners: We welcome you to bring your car for display and share your EV knowledge with attendees. Please sign up through the Volunteer portal or Contact Sabrina Delk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tweet #NDEW2022 Follow @DriveElecEvents Tweet
There are currently 57 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Chevrolet Bolt EUV||1|
|Hyundai KONA Electric||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model 3||1|
|Tesla Model Y||1|
Registered attendees report 177,200 electric miles driven.