National Drive Electric Week
Sep 14, 2014
|Day:||Sunday, September 14, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Location:||Whole Foods Market
270 Palladio Parkway
Folsom, CA 95630
Had 170 test drive wristbands applied, with these attendees taking 1 to 3 test drives each (over 300 test drive activities total). Shortage of dealer vehicles this year, but able to have BMW i3 and Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive as part of test drive. On display, Nissan e-NV200 electric van and Kia Soul EV, plus UC Davis formula electric race car.
photo by: Matt Chan, SacEV
Wide view of SacEV's event at Whole Foods, Folsom, CA, on Sep 14. HOT day, but still great turnout. View video from Sacramento NDEW event, Sep 14, at Folsom Whole Foods: http://youtu.be/cvB4yRBcWlY?list=PLq-9QVHNt93fXzhL4XqjUTCBijuZ8PKtE DropBox access available for additional photos. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacramento Electric Vehicle Association (SacEV) is offering a major opportunity which will provide exceptional exposure of the nearly every plug-in electric vehicle on the market to a significant number of environmentally aware consumers.
National Drive Electric Week, Sacramento - September 14 - Whole Foods, Folsom
This major event will:
be promoted extensively in the region.
have many current EV owners sharing experiences.
offer space for over 20 test drive plug-in electric vehicles, with a variety of test loops.
include associated partners: utilities, solar installers, EVSE retailers/installers, plus public and governmental organizations.
These events have promotional plans that are focused on a demographic that includes a higher proportion of potential plug-in electric vehicle buyers.
National Drive Electric Week, Sacramento - September 14
A national event sponsored by Plug In America, SMUD, the Sierra Club, Electric Auto Association, Clean Cities Coalition, and Nissan. This event is part of a nationwide promotion that encourages potential plug-in electric vehicle owners to participate in Ride & Drives, and then investigate local purchase opportunities.
Sacramento’s celebration of National Drive Electric Week 2014 launches the nation’s largest Ride & Drive events, featuring over 20 plug-in electric vehicles available for test drives, along with experienced owners, dealers, and EV partners to answer any questions. Last year’s event drew over 4,500 environmentally interested people, with over 250 test drives taken. This year, we expect to offer more than 300 test drives.
Opportunities for dealers and electric vehicle industry related vendors:
Reach environmentally conscious and motivated upper income participants who are a prime demographic of plug-in electric vehicle purchasers.
Identify and work with existing customers to display their plug-in electric vehicles and share personal experiences.
If you are a dealer or vendor and wish to be included in media packages, print, video, television, and social networking promos (specials, photos, customer stories), please contact SacEV PR chair, Lloyd Levine (lloyd.levine AT hotmail.com), for publicity opportunities.
Give potential customers an opportunity to test drive your vehicles in a stress-free setting, significantly increasing sales.
Thank you for assisting SacEV to continue offering this outstanding electric vehicle educational, advocacy, and sales event to the public this year and for many years to come.
Sacramento Electric Vehicle Association (SacEV) Event Planning
SacEV Dealer Contacts
- George Parrott gparrott AT csus.edu
- David Becker david AT sogeeky.net
SacEV Vendor and Owner Contacts
- David Link dlinkeg AT gmail.com
- Laura Odenthal lodenthal1 AT gmail.com
- SacEV is hosting the fourth annual Plug In Day to kick off National
Drive Electric Week. This is your opportunity to see, learn about, and
drive the latest electric vehicles.
- Get behind the wheel and test-drive a variety of EVs,
including (subject to change) the Nissan LEAF, Nissan e-NV200, Mercedes
B-Class Electric Drive, Kia Soul EV, BMW i3, Tesla Model S.Chevy Spark
EV, Chevy Volt, Cadillac ELR, Fiat 500e, Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Focus
EV, Ford Fusion Energi, Toyota Plug-In Prius, Toyota RAV4 EV, Honda Fit
EV, and the Honda Plug-In Accord.
- Find out about life as an EV owner from 40+ neighbors who will show their cars, having already made the switch to this cleaner, more energy-independent vehicle option.
- Check out EV chargers and learn how easy it is to charge an EV at home and at public stations throughout the Sacramento region. More than 260 public charging stations are currently available and increasing regularly.
- Learn how to save money with SMUD and Pacific Gas & Electric special EV rates that can help drivers pay the lowest price for EV fuel with automatic late night charging at home.
- Learn about state and federal incentives available for zero-emission and plug-in electric vehicles from the EV experts at SacEV and SMUD.
- Find out how cheap it is to charge an EV from sunlight - free fuel for life.
- Check out workplaces can provide EV charging stations and learn how to advocate for installation of charging equipment at your own workplace.
- Kid activities including a Toyota Plug-in Prius Art Car, Face Painting, and electric vehicle related science experiments.
the SacEV booth for a chance to win one of two Amazon Kindle e-book
readers (need not be present to win, if contact data is included on
- Pick up an entry form from the SacEV booth, test drive an EV, and be eligible to win a $500 Clipper Creek home charging station. You must be among the first two to purchase an EV to win (includes $250 installation credit from Phil Haupt Electric).
- Everyone is invited.
- Event is free to all. No cost for Ride & Drive.
For plug-in electric vehicle owners:
With SMUD's tent as the centerpiece, visitors will be able to meet with solar installers, EVSE installers, SMUD, EVSE manufacturers, and environmental and governmental agencies who are actively helping to promote the electrification of transportation as a solution to global climate change, pollution, resource depletion, and national defense. We will have a "Tesla Row" again this year, just outside the SMUD and vendor tent area. PEV owners will offer information on their personal vehicles, what they like about them, plus some important points that are often missed in ads, and data that sales people rarely have time to share with potential customers.
Thank you for volunteering your PEV. The more vehicles we can have available, the better. We can't have too many of any one model. The more we have, the greater the impact, proving to the public that owning a plug-in electric vehicle is no longer a "niche" activity, but coming closer to mainstream. We have better access this year, so vehicles are able to be moved in and out of display more easily, allowing for those of you who are unable to commit 8 hours of your Sunday to this event. Feel free to come by for half the day to display your PEV and talk to interested members of the public.
There are currently 93 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||10|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||8|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||3|
|Chevy Spark EV||2|
|Ford Focus Electric||2|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Honda Fit EV||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
Registered attendees report 77,485 electric miles driven.
In the News…