National Drive Electric Week
Sep 20, 2014
|Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.
|12:00 - 3:00pm
|National Grid Sustainability Hub
912 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610
All those who register and attend will be entered into our free raffle!
Attendance and parking are free!
Event Summary: In recognition of National Drive Electric Week (September 15-21, 2014), the Institute for Energy and Sustainability will hold an Electric Vehicle event on Saturday, September 20, 2014. This event will serve to highlight the advances made in electric and plug-in hybrid vehicle technologies, as well as in the infrastructure that serves to support electric vehicles in Worcester, MA, and beyond. Representatives from IES and others will be available to attest to the benefits of electric vehicles for the environment, for decreasing dependence on foreign oil, and for our wallets. The event will feature electric vehicles, electric vehicle experts, live entertainment, and refreshments.
All day Electric Tailgate Party: If you own an electric vehicle come park together, pop your hoods, share your EV experiences with others, and show off your car!
The first 30 drivers who register to attend with their EV will receive a free goodie bag!
Need to charge?: If you need to charge your EV we welcome you to use the free ChargePoint station located adjacent to the National Grid Sustainability Hub.
EV Showcase: Come check out the latest in electric vehicles! We will have a variety of electric vehicles and representatives from dealerships. Showcase highlights will include:
- An i8 and an i3 brought by Wagner BMW
- Cargill Chevrolet will be offering a free home charging station (a $400 value) to event attendees who buy or lease an EV from them. Stop by their display at our event and view a Chevy Volt
- Marlboro Nissan will be offering ride and drives in a Nissan LEAF
Featured Participants: A number of EV-friendly supporters will be in attendance. Highlights include:
- Nuvera will offer rides in a Toyota Highlander FCHV-adv fuel cell vehicle
- A solar-equipped truck brought to us by eNow
- Bulb packages brought to us by TechniArt
- Information on electric vehicle rebates brought to us by the MOR-EV program, Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management, and the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER)
- An all-electric bus brought to us by the Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA)
Free Movie Screening: Come watch Kick Gas, a film that documents an epic EV road trip spanning the width of the United States, involving 44 cities and aiming for not one, but four GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® titles.
Raffles: Everyone who registers to attend our event, with or without a vehicle, will be entered into a free raffle. Prizes will include pairs of tickets to see shows at the Hanover Theatre, courtesy of Clark University.
EV Photo Contest: What have you done with your electric vehicle? Send in photos of journeys you have been on with your EV. Your photos will be put on display and the winner of the contest will be announced before the day is over.
EV Testimonial Contest: Write to us and tell us about life with your EV. Describe adventures you have gone on with your EV, brag about mileage or about savings, whatever your EV experience may be, we want to hear about it! The winner of the contest will be announced before the day is over.
End of the day Concourse: At the end of the event all owners of electric vehicles are encouraged to join in our EV concourse – cars will exit the parking lot in a procession and will make a small loop around Worcester before heading home.
Some drivers will opt to depart on a "Electric Rally" to the Storrs, Cranston, or other partner event or tourism destination where electric car charging is also available.
Where to find us: The main event will be located in the parking lot across the street from that National Grid Sustainability Hub (912 Main Street, Worcester, MA). The movie screening and other indoor activities will take place in the National Grid Sustainability Hub.
Parking: There is ample street parking in the area. Attendees will also be able to park in nearby Clark University lots. Volunteers will be on hand to direct attendees to lots.
There are currently 107 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)
|Tesla Model S
|Smart fortwo electric drive
|Ford C-MAX Energi
|Toyota Plug-in Prius
Registered attendees report 465,977 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- National Grid’s Sustainability Hub gathers customers and community
- Patrick Administration Celebrates Key Investments in Electric Vehicles as Part of National Drive Electric Week in Massachusetts
- Electric car owners mark 'National Drive Electric Week' in Worcester
- Boylston resident part of electric car summit