National Drive Electric Week - Cupertino
|Day:||Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10 AM - 4 PM|
De Anza College
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014
We had the pleasure of hosting Zan Dubin-Scott in the trailing vehicle and to present at the announcement of the World Record. Tom Gage, the now president of EVGrid, but ex-CEO and co-founder of AC Propulsion, also drove in the parade.
photo by: Frank Mokaya
If only... To put it bluntly, 3/4 of the participants are in this shot. The list is on the website.
42nd Annual Silicon Valley EV Rally & National Drive Electric Week,
held at De Anza College in Cupertino, CA
Come celebrate the weekend of National Drive Electric Week with the nations LARGEST display of electric vehicles on Saturday, September 20th, 2014 from 10 AM to 4 PM.
ONLINE PARADE REGISTRATION CLOSED @ MIDNIGHT FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH.
TO BE IN THE PARADE PLEASE ARRIVE BY 7:15AM FOR ONSITE REGISTRATION VIA THE STEVENS CREEK / MARY STREET ENTRANCE. BRING: DRIVERS LICENSE, PROOF OF INSURANCE & DMV REGISTRATION
If your vehicle does not qualify for the World Record, you can still participate. We need Volunteers for the Parade and Rally. Parade Volunteers are eligible for Food and Prizes just like those who drive in the parade. You will also get a Free T-shirt.
The first 500 people who arrive on time will be given a free T-Shirt. Also, there will be free Coffee, Donuts, and Cash Prize opportunities for the first 500 per-registered drivers to show up for the World Record.
Event Attractions Include:
The Guinness Book of World Records attempt at the Largest Number of Electric Vehicles In a Parade
Presented by SAP
Experience Electric Ride & Drive #TheBetterRide
Presented by the Center for Sustainable Energy
Vehicles available for Test drives
Toyota Rav4 EV
Chevy Spark EV
Green Team & Breath California
First 40-foot All-Electric School Bus
Stella Solar car
First Energy Positive Vehicle in the World
First Solar-Powered Family Car
420 mile Electric Range
Presented by Solar Team Eindhoven
More than 20 types of Plug-in Electric Cars, including
- Cadillac ELR
Nissan Leaf & eNV200
Tesla Roadster / Model S*
Chevrolet Volt and Spark EV
Toyota Rav4 EV / Prius Plug-in
Ford Focus EV / C-Max Energi / Fusion Energi*
Talk to plug-in vehicle owners to get the real story about the benefits of plug-ins and solar energy from people who use this technology each day.
Learn how to “fuel” your car at home, at work and “on the go” with the latest EV charging equipment.
Raffle prizes including home charging stations.
Check out these videos
Connect with Electric Auto Association Silicon Valley and Getting Involved
Find us and interact before the event
Special Thanks to our Top Sponsors SAP, PG&E, Schneider Electric and Nissan.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this event
There are currently 1573 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||282|
|Tesla Model S||88|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||51|
|Ford Focus Electric||23|
|Chevy Spark EV||18|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||15|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||9|
|Honda Fit EV||7|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (1997-2003)||7|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||5|
|BMW i3 REx||3|
|Ford Fusion Energi||2|
|Ford Ranger EV (1997-2003)||2|
|AC Propulsion eBox||1|
|AC Propulsion tzero||1|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Vectrix Electric Scooter||1|
Registered attendees report 9,024,850 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- VIDEO REPORT: New world record set with the Nissan LEAF in the lead
- Newsbyte: SAP Lauded for Sustainability Leadership Worldwide
- September Sees Highest Percent of Electric Cars Sold To Date
- Largest parade of electric vehicles: EV Parade breaks Guinness World Records' record (VIDEO)
- Green Hero: California
- EV fans rally together for record-breaking day
- National Drive Electric Week: 150 Cities, 90,000 People, Electric Cars All Over
- New Record For The Largest EV Parade
- EV Parade Sets New Guinness Record During National Drive Electric Week [Video]
- New Guinness World Record: 507 Electric Cars In One Place
- Silicon Vally NDEW event sets world record - will EV Events like this last beyond past the early adopter phase for electric vehicles?
- Los Altos / Community Brief: Start your Teslas!
- Can Cupertino’s Electric Vehicle Parade Make The Guinness Book Of World Records?
- Electric vehicle enthusiasts charged up for EV rally
- Plug In America Podcast: Celebrating NDEW with a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Attempt
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- Cupertino to Host Free Electric Vehicle Test-Drive Event
- Newsbyte: SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- Cupertino: One of over 100 events to be held across the country!