National Drive Electric Week
Sep 20, 2014
|Day:||Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
We had members of the Melbourne, Fl City Council as well as Mayor of Melbourne, FL Kathy Meehan on hand to open the event and read a NDEW proclamation. Due to significant, sustained bad weather we had numerous rain delays and some EV owner and Exhibitor cancellations. However most of the vendors and attendees braved the storms taking shelter under exhibitor tents, in the city parking deck, or under cover of an umbrella. FPL provided a caricature artist for the event which was a huge hit, and the city of Melbourne provided a DJ for the event. We held demo sessions with a L2 Schneider Electric EVlink in home charger to show attendees how simple it is to plug in. We closed the event with an EV caravan through the down town strip which included 3 Tesla model s, a Tesla roadster, a Porsche Panamera e-hybrid, leafs, volts, an i3, 2 ford fusion energis, a Rav4EV, and a Plugin Prius.
photo by: Josh Pritt - Space Coast EV Drivers
Kathy Meehan, Mayor of Melbourne, FL and City Council Members. Nissan Leaf, Toyota Rav 4 EV, Chevy Volt, Tesla Model S, BMW i3.
The event is pending. Please visit the Attend page to find other National Drive Electric Week events.
In the News…
- National Drive Electric Week Observed in Melbourne
- City Hall to Host Melbourne's First National Drive Electric Week Event Sept. 20
- The Voice of Bart Simpson Wants You to Check Out Electric Cars Next Week
- National Drive Electric Week
- National Drive Electric Week: Melbourne
- Melbourne's First National Drive Electric Week Event, Sept. 20