National Drive Electric Week
Sacramento Region • Sep 29, 2013
|Day:||Sunday, September 29, 2013 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10:00am - 7:00pm|
Folsom Premium Outlets
13000 Folsom Boulevard
Folsom, CA 95630
Over a dozen dealership provided EVs racked up 300 test drives traveling over 700 miles. These were joined by 50 private EVs and owners sharing their personal experience driving electric. Face painting, sparkle body art, science demonstrations, coloring books and a SMUD RAV4 EV for writing and drawing on, provided activities for kids while parents test drove vehicles and gathered information. A dozen groups participated providing information on charging via solar, clean air, college automotive programs, car conversions, workplace charging, utility rates and general EV information. The UC Davis EV Formula Race car team joined in showing their race car.
Two Amazon Kindles were awarded along with two Clipper Creek donated EVSEs. SMUD and CarCharging provided electricity to power the EVent, while the Sacramento clean air district help feed the volunteers.
- Get behind the wheel and test-drive a variety of EVs, including (subject to change) the Nissan LEAF, Chevy Spark EV, Chevy Volt, Fiat 500e, Ford C-Max Energi, Ford Focus EV, Ford Fusion Energi, Toyota Plug-In Prius, and Toyota RAV4 EV. Try them back to back and see which ones fit your life style.
- Check out EV chargers and learn how easy it is to charge an EV at home or throughout the Sacramento region, with more than 200 public charging stations available.
- Learn how to save money with special utility EV rates that can help drivers pay the lowest price for EV fuel with automatic late night charging from home.
- Learn about local, state, and federal incentives available for plug-in electric vehicles from the EV experts.
- Discover the latest in Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology
- Hear about life as an EV owner from an expected 30-plus neighbors who will show their cars, having already made the switch to this cleaner, more energy-independent vehicle option.
- Find out how cheap it is to charge an EV from sunlight - free fuel for life.
- Inquire about how workplaces can provide EV charging stations.
Enter into a drawing to win prizes, such as a Amazon Kindle ebook reader.
Children activities are planned as well from education to face painting.
There are currently 124 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||5|
|Tesla Model S||5|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||4|
|Ford Fusion Energi||2|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||2|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Honda Fit EV||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
Registered attendees report electric miles driven.
In the News…