National Drive Electric Week - Cincinnati
|Day:||Saturday, September 8, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10 am to 3 pm|
Tri County Mall
Corner of Kemper and 747
Cincinnati, OH 45246
We had hopes for a great turnout, but we head terrible weather. It rained hard most of the event, and the turnout was small.
Our location was good, in an empty parking lot near a busy intersection in a popular shopping area, near a major interstate, which worked very well last year.
Last year we had people riding Segways and electric bicycles near the road, which was a big draw.
This year, they had to cancel because of the weather.
We almost cancelled and rescheduled for the second weekend, but people kept signing up after midnight the night before.
It was a tough decision to make. We still had a good time with those who braved the weather.
In retrospect, it would have been better to cancel, and have it the second weekend, which turned out to have much better weather. Lesson learned.
Next year we will schedule for the first Saturday, and clearly state upfront that we will reschedule to the second Saturday if the weather is bad.
We had a lot of Tesla Model 3 cars registered, and anticipate more next year.
The local Tesla store is currently delivering about 30 a day to new owners.
We did much better figuring out how to use social media this year.
But we are still having a hard time with getting the local press and TV stations to respond to our email requests to attend, or to give us coverage leading up to and and at the event.
photo by: Kathy Kohl
It was a rainy day in Cincinnati, but we still had fun! Pictured are several of the EVs at the event, including the beautiful new NGEN electric delivery van built by Workhorse.
Meet Electric Vehicle owners and see why they love their rides!!!
September 8, 2018 Tri-County Mall
10 am to 3 pm
Take one for a test drive!
EV Models planned for the event include:
BMW i3 BMW i8 BMW 740E
Chevy Bolt Chevy Volt Cadillac ELR
Honda Clarity Nissan LEAF Toyota Prius Prime
Tesla Model S Tesla Model 3 Tesla Model X
Workhorse W-15 Pickup Workhorse N-GEN Van Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Van
Electric Bicycles Electric Motorcycles Segways
UPS EGEN Hybrid Electric Delivery Van - will not be available
Workhorse Surefly Helicopter will not be available
We would like to thank the following companies who will be at the event with their EV's:
BMW of Cincinnati
Jake Sweeney Chevrolet
The Garage OTR
Jake Sweeney Automotive Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Jeff Wyler Honda of Colerain
We want to thank the many owners who have registered to bring and show off their EVs.
And the Tri-County Mall and the City of Springdale for allowing us to host the event at such a nice location.
There are currently 107 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||9|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||8|
|Tesla Model X||4|
|Tesla Model S||3|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
Registered attendees report 822,466 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- New Data Show Electric Vehicles Continue to Get Cleaner
- 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric US debut: 250 miles of range from small electric hatchback
- Documents Show German Auto Cartels Cheating New Emissions Tests
- EVgo simplifies pricing for the largest public fast charging network in the US
- Electrify America begins building a nationwide network of metro, highway, workplace and community chargers
- Prius Prime Advanced: the prince of PHEVs
- GM is working on next-gen 400 kW charging with Delta for 180 miles of range in less than 10 minutes
- Colorado makes a move to adopt the ZEV mandate
- Tesla SuperChargers Worldwide
- PlugShare EV Charging Station Map - Cincinnati
- Marriott Hotels nationwide with Level 2 EVSE for guests
- In Which US City Is It Least Expensive To Drive An Electric Car?
- Radisson Blu Tesla Charging Scheme Highlights Growing Need For Hotel Chargers
- Are We Choosing Polluters’ Profits Over Public Youth Health?
- 2019 Chevy Volt Gets Faster Charging & Convenience Upgrades
- Audi starts e-tron quattro all-electric SUV production today
- Harley-Davidson Livewire Shown In Near-Production Form
- Fact of the week: Internal combustion cars still waste 70 to 88 percent of energy
- A Look at Tesla’s EV Competition in 2019
- Tesla Roadster is ’embarrassing’ us, says supercar maker Koenigsegg
- Tesla Shines In Global Plug-In Electric Car Sales Stats For July
- Automakers Try Hard To NOT Sell Electric Cars
- TMC Garage: Patrick Connor’s Model X and Model 3
- EVs convert about 59%–62% of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels.
- Sideways in a Tesla Model 3 Performance with Track Mode
- Tesla Model 3 Production Has 25–33% The Number Of Steps “Found In Traditional Auto”
- Electrify America launches "Jetstones" ad campaign
- Electrify America maps out charging network to rival Tesla Superchargers
- New report inside Tesla factory says Model 3 production improving
- Van builder Workhorse unveils hybrid helicopter
- 2019 Chevy Volt gets higher prices with more equipment
- Fact of the week: Internal combustion cars still waste 70 to 88 percent of energy
- Americans still want better fuel economy, survey says
- Tesla Model 3 Performance review: a BMW M3/C63 rival?
- Tesla Battery Life Longer Than Anyone (Except Elon & JB) Expected
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Tesla Batteries
- 2018 Oyama CX E8D II review: probably the nicest folding electric bicycle I’ve ever ridden
- Tesla Model 3 Performance is even faster than anticipated: 0-60 mph in 3.3s, quarter-mile in 11.8s
- Volkswagen R Division Planning For Performance Versions Of ID Electric Cars
- Life With Electric Vehicles — New Nissan LEAF, Renault Zoe, Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Jaguar I-PACE, Tesla Model X
- “Pure Jungle Cat” — Tesla Model 3 Performance Review From Motor Trend
- 7 Charts — Tesla Model 3 vs The Competition (US Sales)
- Electric Vehicles Are Changing the World, and They’re Just Getting Started
- Tesla Model 3 Sales vs Small & Midsize Luxury Car Sales (USA), Tesla Now Crushing The Competition? —
- The EV Safety Advantage — #CleanTechnica Report
- Harley Davidson announces plans for multiple electric motorcycles and even an electric bicycle
- Cost Comparison Of EVs & Gas Cars: New Tool from Con Edison And National Grid Show “Clearcost” Of Owning An EV
- Tesla implements series of new initiatives to improve its service as its fleet grows rapidly
- California EPA Waiver Under Assault By Trump Administration
- Opener Officially Launches Single-Person EVTOL Personal Aerial Vehicle, BlackFly
- Family Life With A Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, & A Little Bit Of Chevy Bolt Mixed In
- BMW i3 vs Chevy Bolt vs Nissan LEAF (Comparison Review)
- 2018 Chevy Bolt Seems A Fine Fit For Mountain Exploring & Other Edge Cases
- WB Mason Shares Its Lessons Learned From Its Workhorse PHEV Delivery Vans
- 1 Week Behind The Wheel Of 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV — CleanTechnica Review, Part I
- Electric Car Drivetrain Freedom Offers Better Safety — Part I
- Do Electric Vehicles Have Better Overall Safety? Part 2
- Electric Cars Offer Passenger Safety Advantages — EV Safety Benefits, Part 3
- Porsche updates dealer contract in preparation for upcoming all-electric Taycan and charging infrastructure
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Tesla Model 3 set June sales records for plug-in cars
- Electrify America opens another ultra-fast EV charger and announces new partner for locations
- Volkswagen's ID R Pikes Peak race car shows why you should care about electric car racing
- Volvo XC40 crossover SUV to be company's first all-electric car
- BMW signs $1 billion battery supply contract to support future EV production
- A road trip with the new Nissan Leaf in Southern California
- Drone Delivery Gets Lift with Workhorse Test and National FAA
- How Politics Complicate the New Mail Delivery Truck Contract
- UPS To Deploy First Electric Truck To Rival Cost Of Conventional Fuel Vehicles
- Oil companies fight back for charging dollars
- Tesla next-gen Roadster test driver: ‘Elon’s specs are conservative, it’s going to be a proper weapon’
- SureFly® Hybrid Electric Manned Multi-Copter Scheduled to Fly at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018
- SureFly Hybrid Electric Manned Multi-Copter Enters FAA Type Certification Process
- Tesla Pickup Truck: everything we know so far
- 2019 Chevy Volt gets double the Level 2 charging speed, some other niceties
- GM says it is increasing Chevy Bolt EV production by ‘more than 20 percent’
- Tesla deploys record number of Superchargers as usage increases with growing Model 3 fleet
- Over 3 Million Electric Cars On The Road — You Driving One Yet?
- Electric Car Charging Is Misunderstood By Non-EV Drivers
- 2019 is the year of the electric SUV
- Congressional Democrats file bills to extend federal electric-car tax credits
- Why Subaru Is Happy to Be Last in Electric Race
- Inside Tesla’s Model 3 Factory
- Elon Musk is serious about adding thrusters to the new Tesla Roadster, the option will replace the back seats
- Tesla has now deployed over 10,000 Superchargers around the world
- Potential EV Owners Are Concerned About The “Impact Of The Unknown On The Everyday”