National Drive Electric Week - Santa Cruz
|Day:||Saturday, September 8, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
Cooper Street, Downtown Santa Cruz
118 Cooper Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
We had another great turnout with approximately 600 people in attendance with 20 electric vehicles present including 3 test drive vehicles. We had 11 groups that had a booth at our event to provide education resources or a free service such as electric bike test rides. In addition to the 18 ride and drives (with an additional 10 people riding along), we had 3 electric bike vendors with approximately 52 people taking an electric bike ride. We estimate that an additional 400 people were exposed to our event in downtown Santa Cruz that day (as noted by the 1,000 total above) and an additional 10,000 through our print advertisements in our local publications and online advertising.
photo by: Ecology Action
- Electric vehicle (EV) display which will include the most popular electric vehicles on the market today including the new Chevy Bolt, the 2018 Nissan Leaf, Tesla and more!
- EV test drives (stay tuned for details on what vehicles will be available to drive!).
- Various electric bike models will also be available for test rides.
- Talk with EV owners and experts about their experiences with driving electric.
- Talk with local solar experts about how to install home charging units and connect new or existing solar panels.
- Learn about the benefits, incentives, savings and trends of e-mobility including federal, state and local rebates.
There are currently 37 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||4|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||3|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
Registered attendees report 555,042 electric miles driven.