National Drive Electric Week
Los Angeles • Sep 08, 2018
|Day:||Saturday, September 8, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10 am - 3 pm|
Los Angeles Department of Water & Power
111 N Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Charge Up LA! included test-drives, vehicle displays and information on electric car incentives, charging station rebates, solar power, home energy efficiency and more. We also had lawn games for kids, a face-painter and DJ, and food trucks for a fun day for the whole family.
• Nancy Sutley, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Chief Sustainability Officer
• Caroline Choi, Southern California Edison Senior Vice President Regulatory Affairs
• Joel Levin, Plug In America Executive Director
• Lauren Faber O'Connor, City of Los Angeles Chief Sustainability Officer
• Carlo De La Cruz, Senior Campaign Representative, Sierra Club
photo by: LADWP
An overview of Charge Up LA!
Get Behind the Wheel of a Plug-In Electric Vehicle
Join us Saturday, September 8th at
Los Angeles Department of Water & Power in DTLA
Electric vehicles (EVs) are fun to drive, are less expensive and more convenient to fuel than gasoline
vehicles, are better for the environment, promote local jobs and reduce our dependence on petroleum.
Don’t miss out on our 2018 event!
• Talk to EV owners who already have made the switch
• Learn about the "Charge Up LA" rebate program for home and workplace charging infrastructure
• Find out more about EV federal and state incentives and solar power
• Bring the family to enjoy food trucks, vendors, EV displays and lots of fun!
First 500 test drivers get FREE coupons for food from participating food trucks
Valid drivers license required to test drive vehicles
Come put your car on display in our EV Tailgate Community! Enjoy talking to other EV owners and drivers who want to find out what it's like to own an EV. To attend the event or be a part of the EV Tailgate Community, register here.
There are currently 1516 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||38|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||25|
|BMW i3 REx||10|
|Tesla Model S||10|
|Toyota Prius Prime||9|
|Tesla Model X||7|
|Honda Clarity Battery Electric||6|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||5|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||4|
|Kia Soul EV||4|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||4|
|Audi A3 e-tron||3|
|Chevy Spark EV||3|
|Ford Fusion Energi||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||3|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||3|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||2|
|Ford Focus Electric||2|
|Kia Optima Plug In||2|
|Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive||2|
|BMW X5 iPerformance||1|
|Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Honda Fit EV||1|
|Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (1997-2003)||1|
Registered attendees report 3,795,628 electric miles driven.
In the News…