National Drive Electric Week Event - Liberty Lake
|Day:||Saturday, September 8, 2018|
|Time:||9am to 1PM|
STA Parking Lot Liberty Lake
Liberty Lake, WA
Early 2018, Spokane Transit Authority open up several charging stations, including, the Liberty Lake STA parking lot. Let's meet around those chargers as one group (not three groups as in 2017), rides in and out of the STA parking lot with ease to manage and as always the Liberty Lake Farmers Market will be open for your enjoyment. For years now, with the sponsorship and corporation from Liberty Lake Farmers Market, City of Liberty Lake, Avista and STA, let's make it a win-win for everybody.
I acquired a GE electric garden tractor sitting in Aberdeen WA, and not able to pull it myself, I hereby put out the challenge to hall it by electric to Eastern Washington, John Hansen has already volunteered, he is checking into getting a Model X for the hall across the state of Washington. This in turn prompted me to push driving as many electric cars across the state of Washington to participate. What can we be done? what can we show the State of Washington? what can we show the Nation? Can Washington transportation be electrified? Lets show Olympia, that this can be done, register now, the current session is running out we need to move on it now.
Can we reach:
100 registered ?
1000 registered ?
2000 registered ?
bring electric buses, trucks and airplanes, make it happen
let's flood Liberty Lake with nothing but electric transportation
Avista is sponsoring lunch for the participants for years now and I anticipate they will be doing the same in 2018, again as we did in the past, I propose we do lunch at Solar Acres Farm, maybe with an sustainable energy focused forum, interested participants can set up displays, booths in Liberty Lake STA parking lot and at Solar Acres Farm.
As of today's date, early 2018, Spokane Transit Authority, Avista, EcoDepot, NextGen Electric, The Gonzaga Sustainability Office and The Lands Council have expressed interest as participating sponsors and volunteers. In addition during the 100% clean energy lobby January 22 2018 I personally gave an invitations to our Eastern Washington political representation including Jay Inslee, they all have September 8 listed in their schedule, no promises or commitment yet. Note, Rick Woodbury has just registered his 2008 Tango T600, come check it out, Rick is pushing HB 2596 and plan to offer Jay Inslee a test drive.
Join us, register your EV, even if you don't have an EV, register as a volunteer, we can use all the help we can get to promote driving electric, it is the future, State of Washington want to electrify all transportation through the state. Check the links below, lots of Face Book links with information about the event, tag your friends and ask them to register, make a road trip, make a vacation, make it happen, see you in September.
Your City Captain,
Tweet #NDEW2018 Follow @NatDriveElecWk Tweet
There are currently 45 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||8|
|Tesla Model 3||2|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
Registered attendees report 335,784 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Used EV's are killer deals by EAGLE CARS
- Front Page Spokesman, Electric-vehicle buzz is real by Nicholas Deshais
- Check out Salty Moses (Delbert Nord) "Borrowed Time" review, Del is bringing his Honda Clarity in September
- Do read Todd Blackman's response to "carbon tax" and sustainability.
- Jordan Pineapples just received news that Tesla will now begin solar operations in Washington!
- STA EXPECTED TO BRING ELECTRIC BUSES TO SPOKANE BY 2021
- Keep Current, Go Solar, Drive Electric, here is a list of solar installers in the inland northwest
- Christopher Jennings "I own a '13 Fiat 500e and 3 lights have came on. ABS, ESC, and RBS"
- 100% Clean Energy Lobby Day January 22 and 23 (This is when I picked up my tractor)
- John Hansen and his "I reserved a roadster yesterday" Face Book Post
- SUV, Pickup, Tesla Semi, group Face Book Post
- Northwest Tesla Owners Face Book Post
- BMW i3 World Wide Group Face Book Post
- Elec-Trak garden tractor fan club Face Book Post, I need it haled to the event
- Inland NW Tesla Owner's Group Face Book Post
- Inland Northwest Sustainable Energy Group Face Book Post
- Seattle Nissan LEAF Owners Face Book Post