National Drive Electric Week - Poolesville
|Day:||Saturday, September 15, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10 am - 4 pm|
Poolesville Parking Lot at Rt 109 and Rt 107
(Anytime Fitness Parking lot across from Basset's Restaurant)
19942 Fisher Ave
Poolesville, MD 20837
Maryland Governor Hogan visited our event along with a number of regional and local politicians. Nissan had an awesome display with a friendly team of people and 5 or 6 Ride and Drive Nissan LEAFs. Audi USA and Zero Motorcycles (Cyclemax) had nice displays and were interviewed by Montgomery Community Media ( https://youtu.be/3nfI8iEU754 ). NBC 4 DC came out along a number of print and social media organizations. BMW USA brought their i8, i3 and a BMW 530e. Tesla came out to talk with more 50 new Model 3 owners and with the interested public. We had drivers come from long distances to share their cars and experiences. One had a homemade Tesla battery trailer that extended the distance of his EV Toyota Rav 4. Maryland/DC/Virginia is quickly becoming a major hub for EVs on the east coast and with the help of organizations like our host Poolesville.Green and groups like One Montgomery Green, EVA/DC, MD Volt, and Tesla Owners Club of the Mid-Atlantic, we will continue that trend. Thank you to our national and local sponsors, we could not have done this without you.
photo by: JD Taylor - Poolesville.Green
This photo includes members of the general public. The vehicle in the foreground is an EV converted Pacer. This shot shows our mixed EV parking lot looking back toward the Nissan display, the Zero Motorcycle Tent, the Check-In Tent and the Tesla Parking area.
Getting ready for 2018 National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) Poolesville Day Electric Vehicle Show!
For the latest up to date information, check (after registering) our Event Driver and Vendor Information Planning Page: http://poolesville.green/drive-electric/pday2018info/ (this page will be updated often up until event time).
Poolesville Green’s 2017 National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) Poolesville Day Electric Vehicle Show was a huge success again! Number 1 again on the east coast with 129 vehicles registered and number 3 out of 280+ events worldwide (based on registered vehicles). We are looking to make 2018 even bigger, but more important, better!
There will be a parade to start the day. The Town is closed all day to traffic, bringing in near 15,000 people. There will be vendors, food, live music, bouncy toys, climbing walls, farm equipment and animals, classic car show, and so many other things to see and do.
See some of our 2017 photos at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fzlhu63eD6AMMhOE2
Confirmed Manufacturers coming: Audi USA, Tesla Motors, Nissan of America
Confirmed Dealerships: Nissan of Rockville, BMW of Rockville, Koons of Rockville.
Special Guest Appearances: Starman (a Tesla Roadster setup to look similar to the spacefaring Tesla), More To be announced soon.
- To learn more about your EV and other EVs from real EV owners, from dealerships and from manufacturers
- To share what you know with other EVers and with the general public (help them "Join the rEVolution"
- And most of all, to have Fun! Oh, and get free stuff.
- Anyone interested in getting event updates and changes.
- Plug-In Electric and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Car Owners who love to show off their vehicles and to share with others: The more the merrier. (Free event shirts and other goodies for Registered Vehicle Owners/Dealerships, first come, first served, while supplies last)
- Sponsors: We need sponsors to help make this the best NDEW event ever.
- Media: Please help us get the word out!
- Volunteers: We need the help (you get a T-shirt for that) :)
- ALL (Note: Only Sponsors, Volunteers, and EV / PHEV Car owners will get a FREE T-Shirt, but all can reserve one (normal price $18 donation)).
- Registering Multiple Vehicles: Bringing more than 1 Electric/Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle? Please register each (Note: Each registration will have to have its own email address, otherwise it will overwrite your 1st registration )
- If you are bringing more than 2 vehicles (many dealerships do), please try to register each, but you will need to use a different email for each. If that is a problem, leave how many vehicles you expect to bring in the notes part of the registration. This helps in our event planning.
Why Register Now?
- You will be notified of any changes, additions, headliners and of any related EV events,
- Registration helps us plan the event and to arrange for the correct number of T-Shirts and give-a-ways (Free to Registered Vehicle Owners/Dealerships). Note, we usually have a limited supply of t-shirts. Please sign up early and we will do our best to have enough.
- So please help us help you, EV owner or not, register here and now.
- Not sure if you can make it? Register now anyway! We can remove your name later if you find you cannot attend (just send me a note).
- Showing early interest helps media and sponsors to gauge and encourage their participation.
- Click the blue register button at the top of this page and you'll be entered for a chance to win $250
- First 100 registered cars will get a free goody bag from Evannex (https://evannex.com/).
is donating two Deluxe Portable Smart Charger Plus USA PC-0113-PA-63 to the event
MD Volt Inc. is donating a Nintendo NES Classic Edition to the event.
EGO is also donating the EGO POWER+ 530 CFM Blower!
We are a non-profit and really need your help (note: donations are not required to participate). We are looking for sponsors (as little as $20 dollars on up). A fairly standard donation with the most of the benefits starts at $250. Early donations of $250 or more will get your logo added to our event T-Shirts. The sooner you sponsor, the more your logos will show up on our websites, flyers and other event media. Donations can be made through our website: http://poolesville.green/support-us/ (Click on "Donate Now"). Donations can also be made in terms of a valued gift to be used in drawings and raffles to our drivers and to our guests at the event. Contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page) to make arrangements for pickup or delivery of those types of donations. Register here to get the latest updates through our EV event email list and/or contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page).
Contact me directly (click the blue contact button at top of this page) for info or to make special arrangements. Register here to get the latest updates. We can plan a "media day" prior to the event day, make arrangements. Check out events from prior years at Poolesville Green.
Any questions, contact through this site (after registering) or through http://Poolesville.Green
or direct email: use the Contact button near the top, under the Registration and Volunteer buttons.
A special thank you to this year's Event Sponsors:
Sycamore Landing / Bronze Level Sponsors
Become a Sponsor or Donor for our 2018 event at http://Poolesville.Green/support-us/ (and/or click on "Contact" the organizers of this event near the top of this page).
There are currently 426 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||55|
|Tesla Model S||31|
|Tesla Model X||21|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||12|
|BMW i3 REx||3|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||3|
|Chevy Spark EV||2|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||2|
|Kia Soul EV||2|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||2|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Honda Fit EV||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Smart fortwo electric drive||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
|Volvo XC90 AWD PHEV||1|
Registered attendees report 3,224,309 electric miles driven.
In the News…