National Drive Electric Week Event - Omaha
|Day:||Saturday, September 9, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||12pm - 4pm|
Nebraska Extension Office in Douglas-Sarpy Counties
8015 W Center Rd
Omaha, NE 68124
The Let's Drive Electric, Omaha! event was a big success with over 135 participants, 22 electric vehicles on display including 3 electric-assisted bicycles, and over 90 people attending the indoor presentations. The Extension Office venue worked well for us. The west parking lot was just the right size for the electric vehicle display. Don Cox allowed several people to test drive his Tesla Roadster.
Five elected officials attended: Douglas County Cmsr. James Cavanaugh, State Sen. John McCollister representing the venue's district, Bellevue City Councilman Don Preister, Omaha Public Power District Board Mbr Craig Moody, and former Sen. Ken Haar.
Check out photos below at the Sierra Club archive, plus this Twitter stream, by Bill Moore, which shows vehicles and their drivers:
photo by: D.E. Corbin, Vice-Chair, Nebraska Sierra Club
Omaha had a nice selection of EVs and PHEVs for the public to check out, including a Nissan LEAF, Tesla Model S, Roadster, Chevy Volt and more...
Let's Drive Electric, Omaha!
Visit this event to check out electric vehicles on display by their owners in the parking lot and tables inside for groups associated with electric vehicles, batteries, solar panels, charging stations, and more!
Agenda for Indoor Presentations
Presentations and Panel:
· 1:00 pm - Welcome & Introduction – Jim Cavanaugh
· 1:05 pm - Introduction to the World of Electric Vehicles – Bill Moore
· 1:35 pm - Meeting the Demand for Charging Stations – Megan Walker, MAPA
· 1:50 pm - Meeting the Demand for Electricity & Battery Technology – Louis Lester, OPPD
· 2:10 pm - Electric Transit and School Vehicles – Clyde Anderson, Sierra Club
· 2:20 pm - VW Settlement Environmental Mitigation – David Corbin, Sierra Club
· 2:25 pm - Nebraska Community Energy Alliance – Larry Burks, Bellevue Asst. Admin.
· 2:30 pm - Panel Discussion – answer questions (prepared in advance and from audience)
pm – End of Indoor Presentations & Q&A
This event is free to the general public and is funded by
The Sierra Club Foundation – Nebraska Chapter Account
There are currently 134 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||6|
|Tesla Model S||4|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
Registered attendees report 472,490 electric miles driven.
In the News…