National Drive Electric Week
Sep 28, 2013
|Day:||Saturday, September 28, 2013 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||10 am - 2 pm|
3801 East Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
Read Mayor's Proclamation of plug in day.
Join us for National Plug In Day 2013 in Madison Saturday, September 28. 10 am-2 pm.
We will celebrate with displays by individuals and businesses, test drives, speeches, food, and more, including reading of the city's Proclamation of the 28th as National Plug In Day.
Do you own an EV? Then be sure to register and display it at the event!
All types of plug in vehicles are welcome!
At 10 am the plug-In vehicles will caravan around the block. Great photo opportunity as they leave/return.
Reading of Plug In Day Proclamation will be at noon.
80% chance of rain, high of 78 degrees... so plan accordingly.
Here is a map that shows where the displays will be located in the parking lot.
Vehicles not on display can park anywhere except the display area.
At the event:
- Madison Gas & Electric will be on site to tell you about their electric vehicle charging network around the Madison area and answer your power related questions.
- Full Spectrum Solar will share their expertise of home charging stations and explain how you can plug your electric car into the sun.
- Madison Leafers group will provide test rides of their members Nissan Leafs, will answer your questions and share their experience.
- Wisconsin Electric Vehicle Association President, and owner of EV Powers Hybrid Battery Service and Repair will answer your battery questions and discuss EV options.
- Flux Mopeds, Madison's newest, greenest scooter company will display their clean, quiet, 100% electric mopeds.
- Four Lakes Group Sierra Club will share information and their commitment to the environment.
- Len's Electric Bikes is providing an electric bike for attendees to try out.
- Ride Green Bikes of Milwaukee will show of their latest offerings like the X-Treme 5000Li along with test rides.
- Plenty of electric vehicle owners that can tell you what it's like to own an electric vehicle!
Limited Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Charging is located nearby. Please indicate in your registration if you will require charging and for how long.
There are currently 47 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||13|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||3|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Wheego Whip LiFe||1|
Registered attendees report electric miles driven.