National Drive Electric Week
Sep 13, 2015
|Day:||Sunday, September 13, 2015 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||12 - 6 pm|
800 Brevard Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806
Asheville Outlets mall was the site and donated space, posters, flyers, programs, signage and other resources for our event (this was not included in the budget or hours spent on event estimate). Six local dealers rented display space in the mall for new models which were on display the week prior and week after the event. On event day, salespeople were in the Mall talking to people about the features and financing, owners were in the parking lot showing their cars and providing rides. We also rented space on event day to local photovolatic installers, green lawn care and equipment sponsors and clean vehicles coalition agency. Proceeds for the rental benefited the Blue Ridge EV Club (affiliated with the Electric Auto Association) and the Black Bear Solar Institute to further their EV education and advocacy efforts in the region.
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2022 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
Have an electrifying experience on Sunday afternoon, September 13, 12 - 6 pm. Asheville’s newest mall will be abuzz with FREE opportunities to:
· Talk with owners & dealers about the pleasure of driving electric cars and see these plug-ins up close
· Ride in zero-emission vehicles between 1 and 5 pm. Take a ride, get a $5 EarthFare coupon (one per adult while supplies last)
· Test drive a Zero Electric Motorcycle (licensed, insured motorcyclists with own helmet)
· On event day, Brightfield TS is donating Solar Driven® miles to offset all of the electricity delivered by the Asheville Outlets charging stations, so ride and drive on sunshine!
· Enjoy live music while you stroll in the open-air mall, see electric cars and visit booths that showcase businesses and non-profits which offer sustainable products and services.
· Get answers to all your questions on cost of operation, savings, available cars, area charging locations, home-charging options, rebates and tax incentives
· See some specialty electric vehicles
· Charge your electric vehicle at one of the four, Level 2 charging stations owned by Asheville Outlets (free with a Chargepoint network card)
· Meet members of the Blue Ridge EV Club & join up for free!
· Register to win free prizes. Must be 18+ years old, one entry per person, register between 12 - 6 pm. Drawings on September 14 and winners will be contacted during the week. Winners must claim their prizes at the Asheville Outlets mall management office with 72 hours of notification. If the organizers are unable to reach the winner with the contact information provided on the entry, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
· Explore the new Asheville Outlets and one of close to 75 stores. Enjoy a meal in the food court and spend the afternoon.
Come out and see for yourself why Electric Vehicle sales have been skyrocketing. Just click on the "Register" button above to attend for free.
During the week before and after the event (September 7 - September 20), see the latest models* of electric vehicles on display at the mall. * based on dealer inventory & availability
These events are organized by the Blue Ridge EV Club (https://www.facebook.com/groups/blueridgeevclub/), Asheville Outlets (http://www.shopashevilleoutlets.com) and Land Of Sky Clean Vehicles Coalition (www.cleanvehiclescoalition.org). Proceeds from rental displays by dealers and for-profit businesses benefit ongoing efforts of the non-profit organizations: Blue Ridge EV Club and Black Bear Solar Institute (http://www.blackbearsolarinstitute.org).
There are currently 228 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||15|
|Tesla Model S||4|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||3|
|Ford Focus Electric||2|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid||1|
|Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid||1|
Registered attendees report 352,001 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Electric Vehicle Club Hosts Car Show
- WLOS NEWS 13 - Drive Electric Week Asheville Coming September 13, 2015
- Sept 9, 2015: WPVM 103.7 - What's Your Story? on Electric Cars & NDEW Asheville
- Riding the Electric Wave - Asheville Citizen-Times - Aug 10, 2015
- Asheville Promo Video - September 13, 2015 - Be there!