National Drive Electric Week
Queen City's Electric Vehicle Show
Oct 08, 2022
|Day:||Saturday, October 8, 2022 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT|
8740 Research Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
Event ReportThe event was pushed back when we can do to the hurricane Ian. We had just over 50 vehicles, including an electric bus on display for the public to view. Wells Fargo provided the parking lot as well as the check-in tent and coffee and donuts. We had several vendors, including UNC Charlotte, displaying their electric race car that is currently being developed. We look forward to next year and attaching the event to a larger event to bring more foot traffic in.
photo by: Andrew Wojton
Aerial shot of the event at opening.
***** Due to Hurricane Ian we are rescheduling to Saturday, October 8th from 9am - Noon.*****
Over 80 registered vehicles representing over 25 models and 2.1+ Million miles driven! (Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a list)
Come check out a variety of Electric Vehicles (EVs) in person to learn more about the benefits of EVs and talk to current EV drivers about their experiences. Multiple makes and models will be there!
Register your vehicle to showcase it to other EV Owners and the general public! If it plugs in and you can ride on it, register to showcase your vehicle. With spots for over 200 electric vehicles we will have room for all makes and models! Did you mod your vehicle, show it off! Got a cool wrap, show it off! Have a unique EV, show it off! Just want to show off your vehicle, we'd love to have you! Talk with fellow EV owners as well as potential EV Owners answering their questions.
- Click the "Participate" button to showcase your vehicle. Please join the mailing list during registration to be assured you receive information for owners displaying their vehicles.
Are you interested in Electric Vehicles? Thinking about buying an Electric Vehicle? Just curious and want to check out a bunch of cars. This event is for you! Bring the entire family, check out dozens of models all in one location. Have an opportunity to sit in Privately Owned Vehicles and talk to actual EV owners about their experience. Ask all the questions you have. How far can you go on a charge? How long does it take to charge? Seriously, ask away, these owners love to answer your questions!
- Click the "RSVP" button to register and we will see you on October 1st!
- The City of Charlotte will be displaying some of their EV fleet including; one of their Ford F150 Lightnings, a Chevy Bolt, Mustang Mach-E, Kia Niro and their all electric street sweeper.
Wells Fargo (Platinum Sponsor)
- We are proud and excited to be a platinum level sponsor for of Plug in America’s National Drive Electric Week events
- We sponsor events like these as part of our company’s commitment to address climate change. Wells Fargo has been focused on sustainability for many years. Most recently, we announced last year our goal to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 — including financed emissions.
- Providing education and awareness about electric vehicles (EV) at events like this, as well as providing access to financing for EVs, is one way we are working toward that goal.
Tayco Electric & Solar
- Plug-in NC has been working since 2011 to establish North Carolina as a leader in electric transportation. We are a statewide program that promotes electric driving through education and outreach, consulting and resource development. We also strive to provide a collaborative opportunity for stakeholders to work together to ensure a seamless integration of electric vehicles into our local communities.
- Tayco Electric & Solar has been providing quality service to the Carolinas since 2006. We believe in honesty, integrity, and results you will be proud of. Our goal is to educate you, the consumer, so that you can make a confident decision as to whether solar, energy storage, and which ev chargers is right for you. We want to empower you to decide!
- Super Cool HVAC was founded in 2021 and is quickly growing with two fully-electric service vehicles, and two more on order. We are committed to environmental progress, whether on the road, or in your home.
- The Centralina Clean Fuels Coalition (CCFC) was designated in April of 2004 as part of the Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program. The coalition is housed at the Centralina Regional Council, a state-designated lead regional organization in North Carolina comprised of Anson, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly and Union counties. The coalition works with over 100 local and regional stakeholders to reduce the amount of petroleum used in transportation around the region.
- In 2021 the UNC Charlotte College of Engineering undertook the project
to design and build the school's first-ever Formula SAE Electric
Vehicle. Formula SAE is an international design competition in which
college students design, build and race small formula-style racecars. We
have been designing our car for the past year and are currently in the
manufacturing stage. We will attend our first competition in June of
2023 at Michigan International Speedway.
- The team plans to bring our chassis as well as possibly one of our accumulator prototypes. We will also have various smaller parts that we manufacture in-house on display.
- CleanAIRE NC is a statewide organization advocating for the health of all North Carolinians. They advance equitable and collaborative solutions that address three powerful determinants of health in North Carolina: climate change, air pollution, and environmental justice. Through advocacy, education, and research, CleanAIRE NC works to protect what connects us and ensure everyone has access to clean air and a livable climate.
- Sustain Charlotte is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization helping to advance
local sustainability through smart growth. Our dedicated staff and
volunteers work collaboratively with residents, neighborhood
organizations, government agencies, nonprofits, and businesses to solve
the most important challenges to the long-term social, economic, and
environmental health of our community.
- Better Tomorrow Solar empowers homeowners and businesses in North Carolina to make the switch to solar by providing customized solutions, financing options, and top-quality installations. We are a no-gimmicks company with a passion for renewable energy with years of experience. We are locally owned and operated out of Davidson, NC. Our staff is fully committed to the vision and implementation of affordable, energy-efficient clean power.
- PoleVolt uses existing streetlight infrastructure to slash the costs associated with installing charging stations by as much as fifty percent. In Charlotte, much of the streetlighting infrastructure uses overhead wiring. By connecting to those circuits, additional wiring is not needed underground. The project is a partnership between the Energy Production and Infrastructure Center (EPIC) at UNC Charlotte, the City of Charlotte, Centralina Regional Council and Duke Energy.
Help spread the word by downloading one of our flyers and posting it on your social media pages or printing them and hanging them around your office/church/school's bulletin board. The event will be fun for all ages and not just car enthusiast. These cars are new to most with big screens and even the ability to play video games on them! Seriously, ask a Tesla owner while at the event!
Please park in the "Green" Parking area and then walk over to the EV Display area where you will be able to see over 75 EVs as well as several exciting vendors.
- Most of the vehicles at the show are privately owned. It is important that the wishes and safety of the owners be respected.
- Interested in showcasing your company at the event, click the Contact button!
There are currently 435 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||25|
|Tesla Model S||9|
|Tesla Model Y||8|
|Tesla Model X||5|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||3|
|Jeep Wrangler 4xe||3|
|Ford F-150 Lightning||2|
|Ford Transit Connect Electric||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|BMW X5 iPerformance||1|
|Chevrolet Bolt EUV||1|
|Ford Ranger EV (1997-2003)||1|
|Hyundai Ioniq 5||1|
|Kia Niro Electric||1|
|Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Toyota RAV4 Prime 4WD/AWD||1|
Registered attendees report 2,191,098 electric miles driven.
In the News…