National Drive Electric Week - Knoxville
|Day:||Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10am - 2 pm|
Ijams Nature Center
2915 Island Home Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37920
photo by: Jonathan Overly
Eric Cardwell (far right) explains how he charges his Chevrolet Volt to event attendees. The group is in front of the Tennessee-made Shockwave Defiant Roadster, an all-electric, three-wheeler.
Join East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition for an electric vehicle extravaganza at beautiful Ijams Nature Center in shady South Knoxville.
Bring your most burning questions to ask experts and electric vehicle owners!
"Do electric vehicles really work?"
"Are they really better for the environment?"
"How much does it cost to own one?"
"Where would I charge the vehicle?"
Arrive early to have breakfast at Ijams! Peg's Kitchen serves a hot and hearty breakfast from 9:30 - 11 am. Get breakfast, and then head outside to see the electric vehicles.
We are also lucky to have Finny B's Food Truck joining us from 11 am - 2 pm!
- Electric vehicle showcase (at least 6 different models!)
- Vehicle owners & experts on hand to answer questions
- Giveaways & SWAG
- Hands-on experiences with vehicles; look at the interiors, too!
- Presentations every hour under the Ijams pavilion (see Shop Talk schedule below)
- Tons of information on vehicle availability, pricing, charging, and more
- Opportunities to ride in an electric vehicle (Nissan Leaf or Chevrolet Volt; after event concludes at 2 pm)
Shop Talk Schedule:
- 10:30 am: Environmental Benefits of Electric Vehicles
- 11:30 am: Charging: Availability & Costs
- 12:30 pm: EcoCAR Overview
- 1:30 pm: The Defiant Roadster
There are currently 27 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||8|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||3|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
Registered attendees report 181,849 electric miles driven.